Chapter 21

Ian and I had been heavily making out for about an hour at that point. I didn't want to let him go for a second. I couldn't lose him again.

His phone rang in his back pocket and with a reluctant sigh, he took it out to answer it.

"Hello?" He said to the person on the other end.

I continued to kiss his neck as he talked on his phone.

"Lucas, bad timing. I'm kind of in the middle of something." He said.

Lucas? Who was that?

"Ask your uncles. I have to do stuff for work."

Work? Yeah, totally.

"Okay, okay, I'll be right over." He said and hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"A friend of mine's kid got into a fight and needs a ride home." Ian said with a sigh. "I'm sorry, love, but I have to step out for a few minutes. I'll be back though. You can make yourself conformable."

The second Ian walked out the door, I knew exactly what I was going to do. Grabbing all of the blankets from the closets and the bedrooms, I put them all into a pile on the floor then got to work.

After about a half hour of hard work, my blanket castle was finished. I climbed in and got cozy on the pillows beneath me.

The door opened and closed quickly and I heard Ian mutter "what the hell?"

Popping my head out from one of the blankets above me, I smiled. "Welcome home."

"Charlie, what the hell is this?"

"It's a blanket castle. Come on in." I answered.

"I'm not getting in that thing. Take it down."

I pouted and gave him the puppy dog eyes. "Fine, don't come in you meanie. I'll have fun without you."

I went back into my castle and curled up into a pile of blankets and pillows. I even made the fake crying sounds too. Victory was claimed when Ian crawled over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry. Your blanket castle is beautiful." He said and kissed my cheek.

"You're still a meanie." I said.

"Tell me what I can do to not be a meanie."

I turned to face him and smiled. "Cuddles."

"Of course." He said and wrapped his arms around me tight. "Better."

"Yes." I said and smiled contently.

I swear I could have stayed in his arms forever.