Chapter 12

Charlie <3

"Make yourself at home. I'm pretty sure your mother and father wouldn't be too happy with you if you came home smelling like cigarettes." Ian said.

I looked around to see many boxes scattered across his house. He really was leaving.

"I have two dads." I said without making eye contact.

"My apologies, I didn't know."

"It's okay, a lot of people mess that up."

"Charlie, I know that it's been a rough day for you so just know you can talk to me." He said and sat down on the couch.

I took off my jacket and sat down next to him. "Life sucks. I just need to get over it."

"Sometimes talking about your problems makes you feel better."

"Look, you're not my therapist and you can't be some saint who comes into my life to save me. You've tutored me once and that still didn't help so stop acting like you're the fucking king of everything."

"Maybe I would if you stopped acting so spoiled."

"Make me." I said and stuck out my tongue.

"Oh the things I would do to you..." He said and trailed off.

"What was that?" I smirked.

"Nothing."

I leaned in close with a devilish smile. "I think you might have a slight crush on me, Ian. Otherwise you wouldn't look so... what's the word... possessive."

"I don't have a crush on you." He said assertively.

This was going to be fun.

I put my hand on his knee and leaned in close so my lips were inches away from his. "Then kiss me and tell me that you feel absolutely nothing toward me."

"No."

"What? It's just a harmless kiss, right? I mean, it's not like you're in love with me or anything." I teased.

Ian pressed his lips to mine heatedly and gripped my hair. His tongue licked my bottom lip, begging for entrance which I allowed. Immediately he won in the fight for dominance and he explored every inch of my mouth. I had kissed someone before... but not like this. It was exciting and passionate, leaving all the right feelings in my stomach.

His lips left mine and I let out a small whimper. His eyes still had that possessive glint in his eyes which was driving me wild.

"Was that everything you wanted and more?" Ian asked, tilting my chin with his thumb.

I leaned in again and pecked his lips a few times, still getting that same burning in my cheeks and stomach.

Ian put his hands on my shoulders to stop me. "You should go, Charlie."

Those four words shattered my little heart. I didn't say anything, I just got up, grabbed my jacket and walked out. The walk home would give me time to think.

I think I was in love with Ian.