Chapter 27

I pinned the picture of my mom and me that I had gotten as a present up on my wall. Smiling, I walked back over to the desk where the box was. I didn't want to read the letter from my mom just yet so I left it on my desk and went over to my bed.

My father opened the door and stepped in. "Dad and I are going to bed. Don't stay up to late."

"Okay." I said with a sigh.

My father left my room and I knew what my plan was. It just involved some waiting.

I sat in my bed and stared at my phone until 11. Then I put my hoodie on and carefully crept down the hallway to my Dads' room. The light was off and I could here faint snoring so we were good to go. I tiptoed down the stairs and across the living room, grabbing my keys and going out the front door.

I was free!

Driving to Ian's house got my heart racing. What did he have planned? Were we gonna do it? Like do it do it? Oh god, I should have gone to the gym! I'm so scrawny!

 I walked up to the front door and knocked, my heart speeding up as I did. How was this going to play out?

Ian answered the door in a white button down shirt that as undone a bit and tight black dress pants that showed off his rounded ass. That sexy glint in his eyes made me nearly melt.

"Come in." He smirked and opened the door further.

I stepped inside to see that just about every room was lit with candles and lined with rose petals. He did all of that for me.

"Did you lose power and rob a florist or something." I chuckled as he closed the door.

"No. I wanted this night to be special." Ian kissed my lips passionately. "Happy birthday, baby."

"Thank you for doing this for me. You're so sweet." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. "I don't think anyone else I know would do something like this just for me."

"Sit. I'll grab your birthday present."

I plopped down on the couch and waited excitedly. He walked back over to me with a small wrapped box sitting on top of a very big box.

"Open the big one first." He told me and handed it to me.

"Holy shit, you really didn't have to get me anything." I smiled and tore off the paper.

A portable record player sat in my hands along with a thick stack of records. I smiled as I flipped through them, seeing artists like David Bowie, Billie Joel, The Police, AC/DC, and Nirvana in the pile.

"In the time that I've gotten to know you, you've come off to me as more of an old soul. So I figured you'd like some of my old records. If you don't like them, you don't have to keep them." Ian told me.

"I love them. Thank you so much."

He handed me the small gift with a smile. I opened the white box to find a small silver ring in it with the words 'my forever' engraved on it.

"It's just a promise ring. I'm not proposing yet." He chuckled.

I slipped the ring on and hugged him tight. "Thank you."

"There's one more thing I want to, well, rather take from you than give to you. But I need to know that you're ready."

I kissed his lips with passion and love. "I'm ready."

He pecked my lips once more and then took my hand, leading me into the bedroom where I would lose what I didn't want to hold onto anymore.

Next chapter will be private because of some smexy stuff so yeah. Comment and vote please.