Chapter 17

I figured that I should do a little crossover and bring Danny and Max back so that's just what I'm going to do. If you don't know who they are, you should go over and read the Art Of Acting Straight, Saving the Soldier, and Brothers since those three are about them. Happy reading! Danny (top) and Max (bottom).

Heads up too, Julia's pronouns will change a lot in this story too depending on what the character feels like in that time period. I'll write in that it's Jules talking or doing something before using pronouns though.

"I literally want to die. I'm so bored." I said as I walked out of school with Jules who was feeling rather masculine that day.

"Well, you were a complete and utter idiot so you deserve it." He said and hit me in the arm.

"Ouch." I said and ribbed my bicep. "You're a meanie."

"So how are you going to go see your mystery man now, lover boy?"

"I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that out."

"There is a thing called a landline, you know."

"I don't know his number. It's in my phone."

"Then say you're going for a run to get some fresh air and then casually drop by his house and make out with him. That or you can write him a letter and confess your undying love."

"Jules, you're a genius."

"I know I am. Without me, you wouldn't be passing math."

I droves straight home as told and let out a sigh as I walked in. Oh god, there was people over. Ew, people.

"Hey, kiddo." Dad said with a smile.

I sighed and tossed my keys onto the table. "Hi. Can I go to sleep now?"

"We have guests, Charlie. Come into the living room."

Danny and Mac were basically my uncles even though I wasn't related to them. They both went to high school with my dads and Danny used to shove my father into lockers back in the day. They were basically family even though I never really saw them often.

"Wow, you have grown way too much." Max smiled and hugged me. "I can't believe you're already seventeen. You'll be off to college soon."

"I know. I cant wait to get away from my dads." I chuckled.

"We take offense to that." My father said.

"It's true."

"You should apply to Harvard. Maybe you'll even get me as a teacher." Max ruffled my hair.

"No way, you got a job at Harvard?"

"Your uncle was born a brainiack and I still can't keep up with him." Danny said and hugged me. "How's it goin, kid? You still playing football?"

"Yeah, the season just ended a few weeks ago so I have nothing to do now."

"That's why you should get into hockey. I played for a few years before I went off to Afghanistan and it was one of the best things I've ever done."

"Not before we wrap him in bubble wrap." Dad chuckled.

"Overprotective much?" I asked.

"I don't want my baby boy getting hurt."

"And I'm sure as hell not paying for the ER bill if you do get hurt." My father added.

"I guess I'm not doing hockey then." I sighed.

"Stick to football. You get to act all tough and no one messes with you, when you do." Danny said and sat down on the couch. "I can remember all the times I used to kick your father's ass back in high school."

"Thank you for the many swirlies you gave me back when I was a freshman." My father chuckled.

"I was a senior, I had to."

"How's the little girl back home, by the way?" Dad asked.

I walked into the kitchen to get some food but still listened to their conversation.

"Anna's just fine. It's only been a few months since we brought her home and she's adjusted well. As of now she's into toy race cars and princess dresses." Max smiled. "She always tells me how much she loves watching the game with her Daddy."

"I wish ours was that young again." My father sighed.

"Hey, I'm still cute!" I protested.

"But now you have an attitude, mister."

"I'm sassy, deal with it." I snapped my fingers and walked upstairs to my room.

Now it was time to figure out how I was going to get to Ian.