Chapter 18

I walked downstairs when I knew the time was right. My dads had already had a few drinks so I was good to go.

"Hey dads, can I go for a run? I just need some fresh air." I asked them.

"Sure, don't be out too late though." My father said with a chuckle.

Smiling, I shut the front door behind me as I started my run. By the time I made it to Ian's front door, I was drenched in sweat. I caught my breath and knocked on the door.

"Charlie, what the hell are you doing here. Aren't you grounded?" Ian asked.

"I found my way out." I said, leaning up to kiss him. "I missed you."

"Missed you too." He smiled and let me in.

"Sorry I'm really sweaty. I had to run over here."

"That's fine. If you'd like to shower, your more than welcome to."

"Really? You wouldn't mind?"

"Go right ahead. If you want you can wash your clothes too."

"Thank you." I kissed his lips again.

I threw my clothes into the wash and then went to the bathroom, turning on the hot water. I didn't take more than five minutes in the shower and put my boxers back on after I dried off.

There was a knock on the door and I opened it. Ian handed me my clothes with a smile.

"Thanks." I said and took them.

After getting changed, I walked out to the living room where Ian was sitting and plopped down next to him.

"Thanks again." I smiled and kissed him.

"Anytime. Would you like something to eat?" He asked.

"No, I'm not hungry."

"Charlie, you don't have to lie to me. I don't mind making you something, really."

I leaned up and gave him another kiss. "I don't know what I deserved to have someone as sweet as you in my life."

"You deserve the best of everything, Charlie." He cupped my cheek. "Now, what would you like?"

"Anything is fine. You can surprise me if you want."

"I will surprise you then. Sit back and relax." Ian said and walked to the kitchen.

"Does this count as our first official date?"

"Indeed it does. Unless you want to be friends from now on."

"I don't think I'd be checking out your ass right now if I wanted to be friends."

"Enjoy the view while you still can, baby." He chuckled and pulled ingredients out of the cabinets.

Baby. That one word made my heart swell with joy and my cheeks turn pink. He called me baby. That was like a big step in our relationship according to the moves and all of those teen magazines. Since we had already kissed before the first date, I guess the big 'I love you' was next. But that one hopefully wouldn't come for a while.

"You look deep in thought." Ian snapped me out of my little trance.

"Sorry, I was just overthinking." I replied.

"Food is ready."

I got up and walked over to see the table set with a candle lit in the center. Two plates of spaghetti were placed on opposite sides.

"Wow, Lady and the Tramp much?" I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"I know, it's cheesy but I am trying to convince you to keep on dating me." He said and pulled my chair out for me.

"Well, it's already working."

We ate in silence and everything was amazing. He was a damn good cook! The best thing I could make was half burnt toast so I guess I wouldn't be cooking for him without burning the house down.

"Last strung of spaghetti. Should we make this night even more cheesy than it already is?" I asked.

"I'd love to." He said.

We both took an end of the string between our lips and the second we did, it broke. Both of us chuckled and finished our ends of it.

"Well, that was not how I was expecting it to go." I smiled.

Ian kissed my lips to make up for it.

"Better?" He asked me.

"Much better." I said.

"You should probably get going, right?"

"Yeah. Hopefully my dads have had enough to drink that they won't notice how long I've been gone."

I wrapped my arms around Ian and didn't let go. He was so tall compared to me which I was perfectly okay with. All I needed was him.

"I can tell you anything and you won't judge me, right?" I asked.

"I would never judge you. Never." He told me and rubbed circles into my back.

"I'll find a way to talk to you, I promise. Maybe Julia will lend me her phone or something."

"I'll write my number on your hand so you won't forget it then." He grabbed a pen and I gave him my hand. "There, now you can call me or text me or whatever you kids do these days."

"Okay. I'll see you later." I leaned up and kissed him goodbye.

I walked home with a huge grin plastered on my face. Even dads notice my slightly happy expression when I walked in.

"Lane, our son is actually smiling for once. Something must have happened out on that run." Dad said with a smile.

My father walked over to me and took a look at my hand. "Who's number did you get?"

"A boy's." I said.

"Will we ever get to meet him?"

"Hell no." I chuckled and walked upstairs feeling great.