35. A Year Later

~Bella's POV~
It's been a year since the thing with Derek happened and he's still in jail. He's supposed to be there for about 20 more years! It's pretty great but I miss having my best friend from high school. Seems like that guy left quite a while ago!

Jasmine is a little over 1 year old now. She's getting so big, so fast! And she's such a Daddy's girl! The other day, I walked into our room and Michael was laying on the bed with Jazz smuggled up to him on his chest, fast asleep. It was so cute that I just HAD to take a picture! When he woke up, I showed it to him and he was like,

"I told ya, she'd be a daddy's girl!"

Anyway, right now we're just relaxing, watching Peter Pan (of course). I love how much Michael loves stuff like that. He's like a sweet little boy trapped in a grown man's body! It's so adorable but it can be annoying sometimes.

Jasmine coos at the TV screen, trying to crawl over to it. I giggle at our cute little princess as she points at the screen while looking back at us.

She, suddenly, crawls over to the table and pulls herself up, trying to walk.

"Oh my gosh, Michael! Did you see that? Did you just see our little girl pull herself up and try to walk?" I say, jumping out of my seat, freaking out like a crazy woman.

"Yes," he giggles. "Y'know, you're cute when you get like that."

"Yeah, okay. Surrrre!" I giggle.

"It's true! You're adorable!" He smiles, showing his pearly white, perfect set of teeth.

"Damn, you have nice teeth! How do you make them look so nice?" I smile as I cuddle up against him again.

"I brush them" he laughs and I roll my eyes playfully.

My cellphone starts ringing on the coffee table and I answer it.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hi, is this Mrs. Isabella Jackson?" A professional voice asks.

"Yes. Who's this?"

"I'm your mother's Doctor, Dr. Shirley. I'm afraid I have bad news."

"Oh my gosh. What is it?" I ask, panicking.

"Your mother has been admitted to the hospital and I'm sorry to tell you this, but she isn't doing too well. She only has about 3 hours left before..." Dr. Shirley trails off.

"Passes?" I gasp.

"Yes. I'm so sorry, Mrs. Jackson. If you'd like to come see her, just tell the lady at the front desk your name and she'll let you right in." She says.

"Okay. I'll be right there! Thanks so much for calling. Goodbye" I say then hang up.

"Who was that baby?" Michael asks curiously.

"It was my mom's Doctor. She said that my mom's at the hospital and she only has 3 hours left to live." I say as tears roll down my cheeks.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, Izzy. You wanna go see her?" He asks, pulling me into a hug.

"Yes" I sob, nodding my head.

"Let's go." He says. "We can drop Jazz off at Mother's on the way"

"Ok" I nod.

-At The Hospital-
We rush into the hospital, up to the front desk.

"Hi. I'm here to see my mother. Her doctor said that I can just tell you my name and you'll let me through." I say to the lady.

"Ok. What's your name?" She asks.

"Isabella Jackson" I say and she nods.

"Right through those doors" she points at the doors behind her.