Part of the Chosen

I woke up,staring at a blue painted ceiling.I was in my room at Camp,a tight pressure around my head also told me that I had a bandage there.
I sat up blinking stars out my eyes just as my bedroom slammed open.
"FIRECRACKERS IN A EXILE WINNERS HOUSE.TRESPASSING THE COURT.WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?",Ms. Elliot the keeper of the Camp yelled at me.
Behind her the whole squad of Camp kids lingered in the door frame.
"YOU SET THE WHOLE COURT IN A PANIC.THEY BROUGHT OUT THE WHOLE FORCE AGAINST YOU."
"And they let me live,ow"I said trying to laugh which caused a searing pain in my head.
"YOU THINK ITS FUNNY,A GASH IN YOUR HEAD AND YOU THINK ITS FUNNY.DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE"
"Yes,I did.I did it for a reason.Besides you know I hate the Court,I would've gone and attack them anyway."
Ms.Elliot took deep breaths.
"What happened after I fell"
"Truant officers picked you up and brought you straight here,bleeding all over the doorstep.Word spread like fire.Jonathan....the Court will seek punishment."
I swung my legs over and shrugged,the Court won't go far.Probably make me work cleaning toliets or the farm.Or lock me in a council room.Nothing I couldn't handle.
"Thanks for taking care of me.I'm gonna head out and-"
"Nope,your on house arrest,you can't step foot outside this house.There's Truants outside the neighborhood and this house 24 hours"
I ran to the window.Sure enough two Truants were standing outside the front door.Another was down the block.
In a fury,I shoved past Ms.Elliot and headed out my room.The kids crowded there parted and stared at me.I ignored them.
I flopped on the couch and stared at the television which was showing cartoons.I stared at it all day.
People passed me,sat next to me,stood in front of me but I didn't move.I was seething,they put me on house arrest.
Thats how it was for four days.Every morning I woke up and sat in front of the tv.The Court put me on service to clean the mess I made.
Every time I stepped out the Truants were there.They patted me down,hand cuffed me.They brought me back,patted me down,released me,resumed watching the house.
I was not even allowed to stick a finger out the window.I did it one time to throw something out and they barged in and tased me.
Now,in addition,they check my room every night.They found my bag that I had half filled with food.They connected that to the truck that was raided that day.That raided truck went to the Capricorn's.
I stole and visited another neighborhood. They whipped me with wire in front the whole squad.Ms.Elliot went to bed with tears that night.
On the third day,I couldn't move my arms to lift the shovel because of the swelling from the wire.The Truant shouted at me,he received a shovel to the face,I received a bleeding mouth.
The Fourth day,was a bit easier.My lip was swollen so I couldn't speak,only make hand gestures.I went home and took my place in front the television.
The whole city was talking about me.The rest of the kids talked about it when they thought I wasn't listening.When one of the kids,recited how someone said I would be heading down the same road as my parents.I flipped the couch.
Shrieks.It smashed against the wall.
I wanted to punch a wall but a news alert came on the television I sat back down.
President Payne was on.The head of the Court.He was smiling.I was not.
"Citizens of Anthem what a great year,it has been"
He paused and cleared his throat.
"You have gone well,went where you needed to be,do what you needed to do"
He smiled.
"It seems that some of us,need to do a little more however,or need to do less"
He smiled bigger.The squad now joined me at this point staring at the tv.
"I'm proud to announce that this year,we will participate in the Exile.And I already have the list for our Chosen."
He held out his hand and a Truant handed him a paper,which he read from.
"One Chosen from each sign must enter the maze and try not to die.For more than one winner can come out alive.",Payne recited.
"Yes,and our Chosen are...."
A drumroll
"From Aries,we have 16 year old Chase Mortigal."
Clapping
"From Tarus,18 year old Emily Vashner"
"Representing Capricorn is 11 year old Rick Smalls"
"Libra,we have 14 year Nathaniel Smalls"
I nearly choked Nathaniel and Rick were brothers.
"Scorpio,15 years of age Madison Alverson"
"Sagittarius,Alyissa Martin of 10 years"
What?! 10?!!!
"Virgo,Adam Alita,17 years"
"Pisces,Emmanuel Voscher,13 years"
"Aquarius,Kayla Jones 17 years"
"Leo,holds Sadie Norter 14 years"
"Gemini holds 14 year old Bryana Holder"
I actually choked here.
"And finally Cancer"at this point President Payne had the biggest smile I've ever seen."The orphan Jonathan"
Everyone sucked in a breath and stared at me.The president said his goodbyes and wished us luck but it didn't matter to me.I was still Chosen.I was also entering the Exile with my biggest crush.
The Court definitely went too far