Confidence

I turned around."What"
A man around the age of 30 stood in front of me.He clapped his hands.
"Yes all yours,with nobody to share with for six days.Isn't it exciting"
I stood speechless.
Zardari cleared his throat."Fabian this is Jonathan.Jonathan,Fabian is your prep team."
I stared at him."Hes only one person"
"Well..."
Fabian cut him off."Oh Zardari I know who he is,Jonathan the boy with no last name.Maybe we'll finally have another Cancer winner"
I clenched my fists "You know who I am"
Fabian stared at me,"Yes,didn't I just explain"
"I-"
"I also prepped Zardari",he continued."Good kid,gets a knocked drunk now and then but".Fabian shrugged.
Zardari blushed,"I do NOT get knocked drunk."
"Oh we'll see tomorrow night won't we",Fabian then turned back to me."You'll be meeting your designer soon.She's really something wonderful."
I sat down on one of the couches and picked up a milky way.
"Why do I need a designer"
Fabian laughed,"So you could look nice at the cermony there's no way your going looking like that."
I raised my eyebrows.I was dressed in black jeans a black shirt.Grey ups and a grey and black jacket.Fabian on the other hand,had on a tye dye shirt,with white pants,a white scarf,and rainbow shoes.He was also covered in gold glitter.
"Um....yeah ok",I said trying to hold my tongue.
Zardari must have sensed my annoyance because he asked Fabian if he could show him the makeup he planned to put on for the ceremony.
Wait......Makeup
I sat there scanning through the channels on the television when a door opened.
"Tell Fabian I'm not wearing any makeup,even if his life depends on it."
"You wouldn't be that cruel would you.Since his life kind of does depend on it",a female voice said.
I looked up to a lady standing in the main door frame.She was tall and white,with blond hair to her back and startling blue eyes.
"Hello,I'm Grace",she stepped in holding out her hand to me.
"Jonathan",I said shaking it.
"Nice to meet you Jonathan,I'll be your designer"
"Just you?Isnt that alot of work for one person",I said
Grace smiled."I think I can manage.I'm so sorry that you were put into this"
"Um..well I don't think you should as it seems like my fault.",I mumbled
"What do you mean"
I shook my head."Never mind so what do you plan to design."
Grace straightened."Well I can tell from your face and your voice that you won't except any of the Court's normal customs"
"Huh"
"Glitter,wigs,makeup,paint.However,you still would like to look nice yes."
I nodded.
"So,I must find a way to combine what you like and wear with what the Court wants to see."
Grace talked with confidence,that was enough to keep me fully paying attention,even if I thought the Court wouldn't care if I dropped dead in the Ceremony much less what I put on.
"How long have you been doing this" I asked.
"Oh,this is my very first Exile"
"You don't feel undermined by the others",I asked.
"Of course,but I have always been very good at controlling my emotions.",Grace responded
"Unlike me"
"Everyone can control their emotions,some just find it more difficult than others.",she said
"No,I think its truly impossible for me to do that."
Grace smiled."I can already tell,that working with you is going to be a challenging pleasure."
"You mean that to be sarcastic"
"No,I mean that as a compliment"
*****************
Zardari literally threw me in my room and demanded I sleep at around 10:30.
I took a hot shower in the biggest tub I probably will ever see with my own eyes.Wrapped myself in the most fluffest towel ever.Threw on a pair of pajama bottoms and flopped into bed.
The bed,of course like everything else,was nothing like Camp.These beds were big and extremely soft.So soft that when I flopped on,I sank about five inches and bounced back up.
I laid on my back watching the shadows on the ceiling as the past week's events swarmed through my mind.
I tried to blank out my head to get some sleep but the images just wouldn't leave my head.
Ms.Elliot,Julian,Rico,Saday all the Camp Kids.Bryana and the Chosen,the Court and the Truants.
My left wrist started to itch,right where I had on my father's wristband.Then I started thinking about my dead parents and family.Tears started welling up behind my eyes.
No way was I gonna start crying. I thought.
I took several deep breaths.The bed was suddenly too hot,I rolled onto the floor and started to shiver uncontrollably.The wristband lay in front of me.'My father's', I thought when the shivering stopped,the only thing I had of him.
He died with this on.I sure as hell might do the same thing I thought.