Die trying

Everything thing we had (and we didnt have much) was gathered in under an hour.Bryana was supporting Chase and I was supporting Rick.Bryana swore if I said anything sarcastic in the next day and a half she would personally beat my ass.What happened to trust?

As we walked out of the cave a small sandstorm was starting I squinted my eyes and looked around trying to figure out where the hill was.

"There",I pointed to a hill up north.

Chase looked to where I was pointing."You sure thats the way?"

"Yeah,come on",I said.

We made our way to the hill,Chase and Bryana in front me and Rick keeping up the rear when Rick whispered in my ear."Do you really trust them?"

I frowned.It was really hard to trust two people that tried to kill us no matter what Nathaniel said.But that this point we really had no choice splitting up is not an option at this point wheter Chase and Bryana had something up their sleeves or not we had to go along with it.

"Its not like we have a choice Rick.",I said.

"Arent you scared they're gonna turn on us",Rick stated.

"Not scared really,its hard to explain.",I said.

Rick stumbled along.He seemed to be able to move his legs a bit on his own accord but it was mostly me dragging him along.

Rick whispered in my ear,"Is it cause of Bryana?"

"What",I said.

"Its cause you like Bryana isnt it.Thats why your not scared.Your trying to impress her to show her how brave you are right?",he finished.

"Im-WHAT"

I yelled in surprise that Rick stumbled and fell to the ground as I lost my grip on him.When he yelled out in pain from falling on his bad leg Bryana and Chase whirled around,Bryana had a switchblade knife in her hand.I heard the click as it popped into place.

I looked at them."Sorry false alarm,false alarm put that weapon away young lady it need not be present at this time."

I move to help Rick back up as he grumbled at me." Sorry Rick sorry,you startled me...to be honest you should have never said something that stupid...OW DID YOU JUST BITE ME...YOU SON OF A BI-....OWWW",At that moment something round smashed into my head hard enough to bring stars into my eyes.I blinked several times to see a can roll past with a dent in it.

I picked it up and turned to Bryana.

"Did you just hit me",I looked at the label."With a can of rice?"

"I think thats expired",Chase stated

"You hit me with a can of EXPIRED RICE?",I gawked at Bryana.

Rick frowned."Does rice even expire?"

"Thats a pretty good question.DOES rice expire?"

"I think it does",Chase said.

"Can we stop fucking around and get outta here?",Bryana stated.

"You dont fuck around with expired rice",I said.

"Yeah?Well if you dont shut up a can of rice wont be the only thing hitting your head.",Bryana said

I picked Rick up and slung his arm around my shoulders "Expired rice " I whispered.Rick snickered.

We kept moving forward.After about an hour of walking or two,Chase called for a break.The sand eased up as Chase and Rick laid down to sleep due to their injuries.Only me and Bryana were up.