Finish It

Bryana and I made it back to the entrance of the cave and to Chase and Rick,without saying one word to each other.

Chase was sitting up looking a little pale.He looked up as we entered."Something happen.",he said eyebrows raised.

I looked at Bryana,who jumped to answer."Jonathan found the Portal,our ticket out of here."

Chase opened his mouth and was about to say something,when Bryana raised her hand to silence him."The portal's over this giant hill,over a day to get there.Maybe more in your and Rick's condition."

Chase slumped over."So what we do."

I stared at them."Well,we have to get over there.We dont have much of a choice."

The minute I finished my sentence,a giant crash sounded through the cave from outside.It shook the floor like an earthquake and made everything inside our small shelter move.

Bryana flinched."The hell was that.",she asked.

I,however,didn't move at all."The arena's dying Chase.We don't have much time.We need to get out of here or we die with it."

Bryana and Chase stared at me."What",I shrugged "That is the truth."

At that moment Rick groaned and tried to sit up.

Now Im not gonna lie.He's being sleeping so long I partly forgot he was still alive.Whoops.

I ran over and sat down next to him."Hey little nugget how you doing?"

"Little....Nugget?",Rick breathed,squinting at me.

I shrugged."Your little.You look like a nugget.It seems like a fine name to me.Let me see your hands."

Rick flinched and held them up.They were red and raw and grimed with dirt,but the bleeding stopped.Bryana came up behind me and poked one of his hands and Rick immediately started to yell.

I flinched and fell back,Bryana look stunned."His hand is in really bad condition."

Rick was still yelling like a maniac and trying to scramble away from us.I realized he wasnt yelling because of his hands he was yelling because of Bryana.

"Woah,Rick chill bro.Chill",I said

Rick would not chill.He kept yelling and screaming.Finally I clamped a hand over his mouth."Rick shut up,they're not gonna hurt us.Just listen ok.Just listen."I said.

Rick finally calmed down.

Bryana attempted to sit near him."STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME",Rick yelled.

I looked at her "I think its best if you sit next to Chase".Bryana rolled her eyes but did as I asked.

"Oooookay,then.Well I think its obvious we should start with with introductions.Rick,this is Chase and Bryana,Chase and Bryana this is Rick and in case either of you forgot my name is Jonathan."

Everybody stared at me.

"No?We all know each other? Ok then"I said.I waved at Chase and Bryana."Who wants to start the happy story?"

Chase shifted into a more comfortable position."Rick we aren't who you think we have been"

Rick spoke "You arent here to kill us I know.Nathaniel told me."

Chase looked like he got slapped,"Then why are you out here yelling like a maniac?"

"CAUSE YOU TWO GOT MY BROTHER KILLED."Rick shouted.

Chase still looked shell shocked.

"Actually Sadie got your brother-"Rick gave me a death stare."You know what,Im gonna shut up"

"For once"Chase,Bryana and Rick said.

I stuck my tongue out at them.

Chase turned back to Rick."I'm sorry about your brother,Rick but you have to trust us.We all want the same thing,to get the hell out of here."

"And we found a way"Bryana said."Over a hill maybe a day or two away who knows in you condition"

"And mine as well,but we need to hurry.The arena's dying,breaking apart.The only way we're gonna get out of here is if we trust each other."Chase said

Rick was silent for a long while then he spoke."There's only four of us left."

"That's right.Four,all in this cave"Chase said.

"When do we leave",Rick asked.

Chase turned stone faced."As soon as possible.We leave tonight."

"Its actually night right now.And you said soon as possible,so like do we leave tonight tonight or-",I froze as Bryana gave me a look like 'Shut the fuck up'

I threw up my hands."Fine,but somebody should come up with a depart time or we're all over the place."

"SHUT UP,"Bryana yelled at me.

Chase looked at Rick."If you can stand then do it,we need to leave right now"