01; meet humanity's hope

Chapter [1]

Xyra's Pov.

Year 850

The selected scout regiment soldiers stood in front of the gate of wall maria, waiting for the secret expedition outside the walls to begin. This people consisting of Squad Mike and Squad Hanji stood by a carriage where humanity's strongest weapon sits in boredom.

That supposedly known as the hope of humanity's triumph would be me.

"Today we will take another step in fighting for humanity,"Erwin stated ceremoniously,"The 39th expedition shall commence, open the gates!"

I saw Hanji through the gap of the flaps grinning maniacally, probably too excited to catch some titans for her nasty experiments. I rolled my eyes at her crazy wide grin, glancing at her squad trailing behind her. There's her nervous wreck of an assistant, moblit, followed by others that I didn't bother to know their names.

They would eventually die anyway either by hanji's titan or a titan, why bother being friendly?

The carriage began moving as the gates slowly lift up. The 39th expedition beyond the walls has already begun.

"Miss Xyra?"The cadet driving the carriage stated nervously."We are now outside wall maria. Please wait for the flare, you musn't go outside and engage in battle without the commander's orders."

I scoffed, rolling my emerald green eyes at his stupidity."Of course I know that, I've already done this a million times, stupid."I crossed my arms over my chest, looking at the vast greenery that stretches miles and miles away. Stupid.

"Xyriee~"I heard Hanji called out from the outside."The babies are coming!"She exclaimed before I hear her horse galloping further to the front lines.

"Idiot."I mumble before twirling a lock of green of hair that I came to despise as memories came rushing in.

My innocent ten years old self stood stunned at the top of the marble staircase as mass of dead bodies scattered around the previously pristine floor of the manor, now stained with my family's blood.

"Mommy, where are you?"I asked, side stepping a dead body of a shell shocked maid."I'm sorry."I whispered before closing her wide eyes with my shaking hands.

"Let me go! You will never get my daughter."I heard my mother screaming on the other side of the room.

"Tell us where she is before I blow your head off!"

"Then do it. I dare you."

"Mommy?"I asked as I stood there on the doorway. My mother beaten from head to toe with a guy pointing a gun to her head."What are you doing to my mommy?"

The guy looked at me in surprise before facing my mother's horrified face."So this is your daughter eh?"He chuckled darkly as he dug his gun deeper in her head.

"Xyra! Run! Get away from here."She screamed, but was cut off when the man kicked her stomach, blood pouring out of her mouth.

"No please. Stop."I pleaded. Tears streaming down on my face as I stood there frozen.

My mother smiled at me one last time with tears in her eyes,"Please find the happiness for yourself. I love you, Xyra."then I heard the gunshot.