28; the only way

I'm back! Just barely survived the hellish week of consecutive exams and performance tasks. My school aims to torture their students to the brink of insanity that's why.

Anyways, to the good side of things. We reached 5k! I haven't got the time to thank you guys enough for your patience so Thank Youuuu ٩( 'ω' )و  keep up the good work minna-san~

...

Xyra's Pov.

|Previously|

My eyes narrowed impatiently as the soldier tried to complete his sentence."The experiment subject...both of the titans were killed!" By now I was out in the sky before anybody can fully digest the news.

I knew something bad will happen today. Seriously? Why is today such a confusing day!

...

I arrived an hour earlier than the rest of them as they were riding in horses while I was practically flying at the speed of light. (let's say that albert michelson didn't discover the speed of light but was discovered in this era)

I began assisting Moblit with investigating the whole story. Listening patiently to a shaken up soldier as he retold his own side of the story. For some unknown reason, I can tell he isn't lying. He simply saw the two titans already decaying when he checked the titans which didn't really helped much to the pinpoint culprits.

"Aren't you pressing for more information, Miss?" A garrison soldier asked as they loosen the cuffs to release the soldier out of the main tent.

"No. I heard enough. You can release him now, he has no business here anymore."I commanded keeping my voice firm and gaze hard to send the finality of my choice.

"Hai."

"There's no reason for him to lie. It's the same as treason if you keep a valuable information from the military." I said nonchalantly as Moblit stared at me in confusion and was about to question me.

I ignored the whispers and hushed voices as I walked to the titan carcasses which belongs to the previous titans–Sawney and Bean. Hanji will surely be distraught upon seeing her precious titans had been killed.

I tsked, massaging my temple as I stared blankly at the scene in front of me. I can feel a migraine coming up.

Why can't a day pass by without anything significant happening that will affect us greatly?

The remains of the titans continues to eject hot and thick steams even though it is now daylight. The way it was killed skillfully made me doubt the people inside the military branches.

And the traitor just had to pick the perfect time when Hanji's team were beginning to gather new informations about the titans. This isn't just a simple assasination, there's a bigger motive behind this scheme. With the custody of Eren Jaegar–a titan shifter at the Survey Corps, somebody wants to keep the information about the titans a secret from the Survey Corps.

A sudden memory suddenly flashed in my mind. How can I be so stupid? Of course, the person last night has something to do with this.
The sequence follows according to the time I saw that person escaping and the dead titans.

And what's worse is the 3DMG that the person uses to escape to the forest. There's a huge chance that the spy already knows a lot of the activity inside the Survey Corps, playing the part of a recruit. Although in Eren's case, the information remains confidential among the selected people only. Who knows how much they know.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. There's a traitor amongst the military branches. That person killed two experimental titans expertly, then that means...

Somebody didn't want the Survey Corps to discover their existence. You want to eradicate any living evidence of yourself if you want to stay hidden. I'm not sure if there are more than two perpetrators. It's impossible for such a big scheme to be executed by one man only.

My gaze harden as I slowly reached to a conclusion. Eren isn't the only titan shifter inside the wall.

My hands moved by on its own accord to touch the skeletal fingers of Bean and a vision suddenly appeared in my eyes.

A smiling little girl.

Working in the mines.

Drinking a cup of water.

The vision suddenly cut off and I stepped back in reflex, my eyes wide in disbelief from what I had witness.

These titans were humans before?

I walked uneasily towards Sawney's remains and touched its left arm, slightly dreading what things I'll see. A vision immediately invaded my mind the moment my hands made contact on its bone.

A beautiful pregnant woman.

Killing a wolf.

I snapped back in my senses seeing a similar ending like Bean's vision.

Drinking a cup of water.

I stood up and my eyes locked on a similar green eyes like mine standing a few feet behind the green foliage of trees. Her vibrant red hair standing out from all the ferns and bushes. Nobody seems to notice her presense aside from me.

She smiled at me in approval before a passing soldier obscure my sight of her and she disappeared.

My ears caught the sound of hooves thundering a mile away from here. A slight throb at my temple cause me to squeeze my eyes tight and clench my fist.

What is happening to me?

My body feels hot and heavy with an intense burning sensation curdling inside my veins just waiting to be release.

"–rie....xyrie...XYRA!"

I gasped as I was brought back to my consciousness, withdrawing my hands from the carcass as if the bones are on fire. I turned to look at Hanji's worried eyes and immediately my body seems to give up and let out some anguished cry to which I don't know the reason for.

"Xy-xyra! Are you okay? Wait, are you crying?!I'm supposed to be the one going mental right now not you." Hanji awkwardly pat my head as she tried to console me with reassuring words while I continued to wail like a child. She must be panicking right now seeing my strange emotional behaviour.

I too had no clue what is happening with myself. It seems as though all the negative vibes of everybody came crashing down on me, overwhelming my senses and turning me into this emotional train wreck.

"Hanji it hurts. It's too loud." I whimpered vaguely trying to blocked out the noise inside my head. I can hear their thoughts again but instead of only one, it is as thought everybody is talking altogether in gibberish language I have no strength to comprehend.

"Moblit take Xyra to the infirmary and shot her a minor dosage of sedatives. She isn't stable right now–emotionally wise."

I feel myself being lifted in the air before my eyes drooped down and my body succumb to the darkness.

I was nearly in the dark void of deep slumber when I heard somebody whispered in my mind.

"I'm sorry...it's the only way."