43; back

[French = italicise] Imagine Levi and Joash speaking in French but I will be writing their dialogues in English.

Third Person's Pov.

Meanwhile inside the back room...

An old man was seating behind a table stacked with papers filled with computations, a weighing scale, and clumps of coins that escapes out of numerous pouches.

He looked up at the sound of footsteps, and slowly a smirk etched across his old wrinkled face."You finally show your face down here, Rivaille."He said with a thick european accent.

"It's good to see some of you once in awhile."Levi sat at the couch and placed his left arm behind the backrest, placing his left leg over his right knee.

Levi observed the room, noting that not a single thing had been altered since his last visit here and that was 4 years ago. Well, there's no time to think about renovations when you have a business to control.

Joash paused as he heard Xyra's voice outside the room. "Oh, but I'm assuming that you're not here just to visit your old comrades."

"Just some brat I need to look after. And yes, we have a new client that I would like to ask about."

Joash's eyes flash as he lean on the table in interest."Oh, that's interesting. Care to share who?"

"What do you know about the Artz family?"

Joash rubbed his goatee, leaning back on his chair in thought."From what I know, they're a family of talented doctors, but the new head of the family, Claude Artz, is best known in the public. I've heard that he was a major flirt before, but after his father died he began to get serious on being a doctor."

"The family built a hospital somewhere at Rose that studies neurology and gynecology."

"Neurology? Gynecology?"Levi asked. 

Joash shrugged his shoulder."Dunno. Didn't bother digging for more. I thought no one will be that interested at the Artz family since everybody seem to love them. They introduced some weird discoveries about our brain." He explained, pointing his head. He swerved to the left, flipping through bundle of papers."It seems a boring thing to study about if you ask me."He said while still busy rifling through papers.

"Do you know other things about them?" Levi persisted.

Joash look at Levi aghast, stopping from rummaging to his drawers."Don't tell me Erwin's planning to blackmail that family?"

"We're not that kind of people, Joash."

"Bah! Nonsense. I know that Erwin is capable of doing anything even dirtying his hands to grant us that superficial freedom."Joash snorted.

Levi didn't say anything back knowing full well that Joash had lost his hope years ago after his own family got killed at the fall of wall Maria.

"I suppose you're right. But we have some interesting people joining our side right now."

"You don't mean to tell me that the person with you is one of those 'interesting' people?" He smirked, hearing Xyra's voice from the front.