48; rewind

"OH MY GHAD! That's disgusting! I can still taste it! FUCK!" Xyra blanched. She gulped down the rest of the orange juice in the flask that Deborah kindly offered to her after Xyra threaten to demolish the entire building if they won't give her something strong tasting.

"Is it that bad?" Hanji asked sadly in front of her. They're on their way back to Wall Rose to visit Oluo at the hospital since Dr. Clementia told them that Gunther was to be transported early in the morning.

But the way out wasn't that easy since it took twenty minutes for Claude to let go of Xyra when she got discharge off the clinic and an extra one hour to escape Claude on her way inside the carriage. Yeah Xyra's day is bound to be very grim.

Levi and Erwin was on their horses at the front and leading the small party with the carriage at the center between two soldiers and two vanguards.

"I don't know if you're just overreacting." Mike stated.

Xyra glared at him. "You think I would waste my energy to pretend if it's not something awful?"

Nobody replied since Xyra is correct, and Hanji won't deny that the initial smell of the syrup was unpleasant. "Erwin want you to devise the more practical route to take to Shiganshina." Hanji said changing the topic.

"I already planned that out." Xyra stated coolly, rinsing the taste of orange with water as she never like the taste of orange.

"Oh right~! Did you know that your batch will start their service today?" Hanji asked excitedly.

Xyra scoffed. "As if somebody would be stupid enough to sign up here after what happened at Trost."

Hanji grinned cheekily hinting that she know something that Xyra don't. "Oh~ What if some people is stupid enough to actually sign up?"

"Let me guess. Eren has something to do with their change of hearts." Xyra rolled her eyes. She knows that Mikasa and Armin are the only people definitely joining the Survey Corps. The others will definitely choose the Military Police if they were on the top ten or Garrison.

"You can't deny it Xyra. Eren's will power is so admirable, you want to cheer for him behind his back," Hanji smirked. "It sometimes reminds me of someone before she become this cocky brat."

"Mikasa and Armin are the only people I know that would risk their lives for Eren." Xyra stated.

"Eren's fortunate to have people like them who will fight along his battles. That's pretty rare in this blasted world."

"In my opinion, it think it's bothersome." Hanji seem interested on Xyra's answer. "How so?" Hanji asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Love makes you vulnerable to everything. Even when you acquire great power, but because of Love you concern yourself on other's sake neglecting your own." Xyra mumbled, looking at the vast plain whizzing pass outside the window.

"But Love can also be your strength." Hanji argued.

Xyra rolled her eyes in annoyance. "LOVE WEAKENS PEOPLE! Just look at what happened to my Mother's family." She spat, glaring at Hanji before her face soften noticing Hanji's guilt-ridden face . "That's enough positivity Hanji."

They traveled in silence for awhile before Xyra finally break the silence. "I started reading the book that I found at the conservatory along the way to Artz Manor. It was Maria's diary I figured." They both sat up straighter and leaned closer in full interest.