36; too much to know, little time to discover

^Dr. Clementia

...

"...so that's what happened earlier?" Dr. Clementia muttered, trying her hardest to stifle her laughter which is futile since she's close to rolling on the floor. I can't believe she find humor to other people's misery, and she's a doctor for crying out loud.

She took a deep breath to compose herself. However, she still had that wide grin on her face. "No wonder the infirmary suddenly turned chaotic when I went back from my break."

"Shut up. Oluo might wake up and attack me again." I hissed. I frowned in annoyance once I heard him snore loudly.

"No worries, I shot him a sleeping dose." She waved carelessly. "Besides," she then flicked my forehead,"you're the one who attacked him first, Xy."

"I didn't say physically. He verbally provoked me while I'm only returning the favor. One of my greatest principles is to gladly return shit people throw at me ten times." I grumbled, waiting for the sting to simper down by rubbing it.

"At least you got to visit me here." She pouted,"I can't believe you had to injure a soldier for you to come here." She looked at me disapprovingly.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked while observing the entire infirmary. Dr. Clementia made a huge renovation to room, making it a bit cheery instead of a bland and dreary room full of sufferings.

"Nothing much." She yawned, lazying on her seat,"just patching up minor wounds with first aid treatment during soldier's training, nothing severe."

"I think this is the most boring yet relaxing position to a doctor." She sighed.

I know that Dr. Clementia came from wall Sina and worked in a huge hospital before Erwin magically hired her to be my personal doctor or something.

"Aren't you regreting why you accept this job?" I asked.

She stopped stretching to look at me in confusion."What do you mean?"

"I mean there's a huge gap between your salary from your previous work and here, right?"

She paused before breaking out in a huge grin and slowly reached out to squeeze my cheeks."You're so sharp for a little girl."

"Shut up! I'm not a kid anymore. I'm eighteen!" I exclaimed, huffing out in irritation after she released her hands from molesting my cheeks.

She had this sad smile on her face when I uttered those words. Just like how Sinami-san reacted to my age.

"You're not exactly eighteen, Xy."

I gave her a questioning look."What do you mean?"

"I mean, you think like an old lady and you act beyond your age. Right now, I feel like I am talking to an adult instead of a puny kid." She gave me a teasing grin.

"Don't be surprise if I gave you a real life demonstration how I spook Oluo out." I huffed in annoyance to her answer. I thought it was something serious.

"But you luv me~" She cooed, batting her lashes at me mockingly. Who's the adult now?

I laughed sarcastically."Want me to prove that?" I smiled darkly, moving scalpel upward.