33; gradually learning to understand

"Where's Xyra?" Eren asked after noticing a certain green haired girl's absence at the mess hall. They were eating their lunch when he noticed.

Petra looked at him in confusion while in the middle of putting a steaming bowl of potato soup."Oh right! I forgot to tell you. Xyra left early in the morning with Hanji. Something urgent came up according to Hanji-san."

"This is the second time," Oluo scoffed,"that brat is ignoring her responsibilities in our squad. Why is she working on that freak's squad?"

Petra hit him on the head with the spatula as she scold for talking mean things behind the greenette's back.

"You just notice it now?" Eld mused, ignoring Oluo.

Eren looked down apologetically on his soup."I'm sorry. I was too preoccupied thinking about the expedition."

"Hanji must be having the time of her life with Xyra. I heard Xyra's training are terrifying." Eld whispered, leaning closer on the table. The others also followed suit definitely intrigue by any news relating to the psychic even Oluo who was pretending to be interested on his potato soup.

"Like what?" Eren asked, eyes wide in anticipation.

"Well I heard from drunk Moblit, there was this one time when Hanji tried to rile up Xyra's temper and Xyra made a huge crater by erasing a quarter of the forest area outside the wall." Eld stated, earning a scoff from Oluo.

"Psh. That's imposs—"

"Looks like Hanji got a good earful from Erwin after that happened." Eld chuckled, cutting Oluo off. Oluo decided to stay quiet by himself grumbling in annoyance much to the silent amusement of everybody. At least for once they had been able to zip his mouth shut.

"Shouldn't it be Eren practicing instead of Xyra with Hanji then?" Petra asked Eld.

"We'll train Eren in a few days after Hanji finishes whatever her and Xyra are doing right now." Eld stated, leaning back on his chair. His answer earn a resigned sigh from the people around the table.

Who can blame them? They aren't doing anything major aside from doing some menial chores by Levi. Nobody had seen Xyra since yesterday and God knows what kind of sorcery they are conducting.

"Why are we even relying for that bra—"

"Oluo."

They all abruptly stood up rigidly and saluted at the sudden odd presence of their Captain at the doorway. Their captain rarely step inside the mess hall and usually eats his lunch alone at his office.

"He-heichou—"

"Where is Xyra?"Levi quickly asked, making all of them flinch visibly at the extra chillness of his glaring eyes.

"Squad Leader Hanji had taken Xyra away early in the morning." Eld decided to be the one to reply nervously, looking anywhere but his eyes. They don't know what's the big deal with Xyra's absence but the way Levi is acting is making them feel anxious. It seems so damn important for him to find Xyra, but why?

"Why am I not informed about this?" He demanded.

"But Hanji-san told us that you already agreed when she asked you yesterday." Petra explained in confusion at sudden twist of the situation.

Seconds later, something must've clicked inside their brains and everything had made sense.

"She tricked us!" They all thought as they faintly heard Hanji's evil cackle at the back of their heads.