58; progenitor of everything

Song: To Die For - Sam Smith (Chuther cover)

...

A solemn ceremony of worship is currently held in a hushed room. All of them feature a gold necklace bearing the symbological patron deities of the wall. Above them, similar to their amulets, are the faces of the deities.

『Let us pray for the well-being of the three goddesses: Maria, Rosé, and Sina, for our continued peace and safety. You must not doubt the holy walls! The walls of light, born out of god's hand, will become stronger through our devotion and faith. An innocent heart, believing in god, is our only protection from the titans! Our only way to keep them at bay—』

The solemnity of the room soon disappeared when a tremor was progressively approaching. The wall devotees didn't even have the chance to react when the roof above collapse from the impact of the Female titan thrown off by Eren's fist.

The Female titan leaped up from her position underneath all the crushed bodies and rubbles upon seeing the incoming foe and ran across the city with Eren hot on her trail.

On that day, nobody ever expects the sight of two titans chasing each other in the inner city, leaving behind exceeding damage.

"This time, it seems he's retaining control," Hanji remarked as Jean, Armin, and her landing on a roof while tailing behind the titans.

Armin nodded but voiced out his uncertainties regarding the victor. "But Eren never managed to beat the female titan."

Hanji turned to look at him, surprise to overlook such important detail. Even though their strengths may be on par with each other as titans, but Annie Leonhart obviously has superior combat ability than Eren Jaeger. What can strength do if not utilized accurately?

"Now that he's a titan, he must be prepared to fight," Jean piped up. He obviously didn't want to lean on the pessimistic side. As long as Eren is prepared to fight a former comrade, then nothing is set in stone, "he won't back do—"

"Will power alone is not enough in battle." Armin cut him off grimly, "defeating Annie will require far more..."

...

Humanity's strongest weapon laid motionless amongst the rubbles, seemingly in peace from the terrible things that happened.

A tall cloaked figure saunters calmly to her unconscious form, not even taken aback from the wreck around her or the serious wound on her head.

"You've come a long way now, my child, yet the world tries to remove you relentlessly." He whispered. His voice shook emotionally; guilt gnawing his very being. This young child's purpose in this world was too cruel. She was an outsider, yet her harsh life is the consequence of countless adults' actions.

If the Grantaines were to meet him—no, that's not right. Who would welcome such a sinful human like him in heaven? But if they see him, he hoped they were condemning him to depths of hell.

He believed he was the progenitor of all things evil. He planted greed and let it grow. The titans may not be his doing, but the butterfly effect adheres to this world greatly.

His ideas started from a fleeting thought, then it progresses to wishful thinking. What if humans can achieve immortality? Why can't we stay in this world forever with our achievements?

If humanity lives forever, then the advancement of our civilization would not stagnate.

No more sickness...sadness and...longing.

A utopia, he envisioned.

Every breakthrough was like a drug pushing his mind to go further to the unknown. Nobody knows what goes beyond the present, but it aroused him. His passion for knowledge and ideology was too strong.