44; the book she left me.

"Are we there yet?" Xyra grumbled, squirming on her seat with an impatient frown on her face. She was in a pissed off mood ever since they entered a dense forest area and was going on for what seems like forever deeper inside.

The center capital of Stohess district was far pass them. Xyra wasn't quite sure if they were still in Sina.

"And who says green is calming?"Xyra mumbled, glaring at the never ending pattern of trees outside her window.

"I heard from Joash that they are a family of doctors."

"Yeah or they could be evil people planning to monopolize the entire humanity."Xyra snapped.

"I doubt that. They probably need the plant for some research."

That probably explains the medicinal plant. Xyra thought, agreeing with Levi's theory. But her cranky mood made her a bit prideful.

"Well, I hope they are wonderful people and not some crazy sick doctors who uses rat tails for medicine."Xyra scratched her hair hard, messing up the clean curls of the blonde wig.

"This wig is seriously itching me since earlier."

"Just take it off. I prefer it green anyway."

Xyra look at Levi with a bewildered expression before shrugging. "If you say so. But I'll tell Erwin that it's your fault if he get angry."

She took the numerous bobby pins that Petra and Hanji had pierced on her scalp, sighing in relief once the wig was detangled from her head.

She teased her hair a bit, using the window as her mirror.

I still haven't opened that book from the conservatory. She suddenly remembered and rummaged under her small bag that Hanji gave her as her 'accessory' to match her outift. It was a small black sling bag just small enough to be well hidden under her black wool cape.

A note was attached placed on top of the book with Hanji's messy scribble on it.

Thought I won't notice the book you found >:) I didn't open it. Something told me it should be for you only to read. Thank me later when we meet later.

Of course she can't hide everything from the mad scientist. Earlier Xyra had requested a sling bag for her to carry before they set off to wall Sina. She can't believe that Hanji had slipped the note inside the bag without her notice.

She run her fingers delicately on the leather cover, tracing the word MARIA scribbled across in gold print.

Her third aunt that she have yet to meet had written this notebook. Whatever was written inside had came from her thoughts and experience. An esper like her. The founder of the Conservatory, and the one who created wall maria and Cordelia Fauna.

On the first page was Maria's introduction to herself and her family. The age was messily crossed out a countless times but the number 89 was the only number that wasn't crossed out.

So she was 89 years old when she died.

Her mother was Eleraine Faustine Grantaine and her father was Fredrick Grantaine III.