Chapter 22

~CHAPTER 22~

The boys sat down at the table and saved two seats on either side of me for Cody and Alli. I saw the Simpson’s come out of their car so I went to the door to meet them.

“Hey guys!” I said while smiling. Angie walked up and gave me a hug, then Brad, then little Tommy.

“GIRL IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!” Alli said while jumping up and down, I just smiled and pulled her into a hug. “Oh and Cody isn’t being weird tonight, good luck.” She said winking and walking away.

“Hey!” I said smiling. He looked up and gave me a hug. I was quite shocked to say the least.

“Sorry I’ve been so busy lately, its these stupid tours I swear.”

“I thought you were avoiding me.” I said laughing.

“I could never.” He said while kissing my cheek, “now come on, let’s go eat and hear this big news.”

We sat down with the rest of the group. We ordered our food and drinks. We were all talking and laughing and just having a good time. I hardly noticed when Cody grabbed my hand under the table. I blushed, a lot.

We all our food and I was so nervous to tell everyone. I was seriously freaking out.

“Ok everyone, I have some news I want to tell everyone.” Everyone looked up and was looking at me; the guys smiled and flashed a thumbs up. “I was on set with the guys today and they got me to dance. I met this guy.”

I took a deep breath, “he wants me to be the main character on his new show. Dancing and acting. I didn’t give him a definite yes, but I think I’m going to take the job. It films right next to the guys studio and I’ll still be here in LA.”

Everyone stood up and congratulated me, except Cody. Odd.

‘Well thanks for coming everyone, I’ll see you at home.” I said to the Simpson’s as I was leaving. I gave everyone a hug and went out to the car. I saw Cody sitting on the curb.

“Guys I’ll be right back.” The guys nodded and I went and sat next to him. He didn’t even look up.

“You know, you’re the only one who didn’t congratulate me.” I said sarcastically. He looked at me like ‘seriously?’ “Sorry not in that mood? You didn’t even give me a hug though, come on.”

“I know and I’m sorry.” He said while putting his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him, “I just, we hardly see each other how we are right now and now if you act, then we will never see each other.”

“So you don’t want me to try something because we won’t see each other? Cody I live in your house, I sleep right across the hall?”

“I know but you’re going to be filming right next to the guys. You spend enough time with them as it is.”

“Really? You’re mad because I spend time with them? They’re leaving on a world tour for crying out loud.”

“So am I and here’s the first time we’ve talked or seen each in almost two months.”

“Don’t point fingers at me, would you like to see my messages? They are all to you and you don’t reply.”

“You know I was spending extra hours in the studio.”

“Actually no I didn’t know that. The only thing I know is you and I are fading more and more each day.”

“Steph, don’t do this. It isn’t right.”

“Me? You set yourself up for this.” I said with tears in my eyes. I turned around and started walking away.

“Steph! STEPH!” I could hear him shouting and running after me, I turned around once and looked at him, he had his head in his hands, it was obvious he was upset. Seeing him just made me cry harder. I got in the car and sat down, I felt Logan and Carlos put their arms around me and I just cried.