Chapter 31

~CHAPTER 31~

“What are you doing here? you can’t be here.” I said preparing to slam the door, but he stopped it with his foot.

“Steph I need to talk to you.” He pleaded.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” I said walking away and him being Cody, he followed me.

“Hey babe who was at the door?” Jake asked, I didn’t respond. He walked into the living room.

“What the hell is he doing here?” Cody yelled.

“Me? What about you dude? You two broke up.” Jake said.

“How about you both calm down.” I said. I really didn’t need this right now.

“I just have to talk to her.” Cody said. I can’t believe I’m about to say this.

“Jake, can you please give us a minute or two?” I asked he nodded and I walked him to the door.

“Call you later.” He said while kissing my cheek.

“What could you possibly want?” I asked Cody.

“To apologize.”

“Well, sorry doesn’t sweeten my tea.” I said.

“Ok first, you got that from Drake and Josh and second will you let me explain what happened?”

“I’ll let you explain.” I said, I can’t believe I was doing this.

“First of all, I told you about the fake relationship and that it was going to happen. Matt just gave the press a ton of fake stories so we could still date in private.”

“Kinda hard to do that when you don’t talk to your girlfriend for two months and she finds out over the tv that apparently she had already broken up with you.”

“Ok so that was my fault, I was busy and then the time change never really helped. Don’t you understand why I came back here?”

“yes another chance.”

“No.”

“Then what? To get me to hate you more?’

“to just explain to you what happened so you can forgive me and we can move past this, I ended that fake relationship because all she did was rag on you and it drove me nuts.”

“I already told you before Cody, I don’t give out second chances and you already got yours.” He opened his mouth to protest but he couldn’t find the words too. “I think you should go.” I said quietly. He nodded and I walked towards the door. As soon as I shut the door, I let my body slide down the door and I sat there on the ground, crying.

What did I just do? I thought to myself. I pulled out my phone and tweeted some song lyrics that were relevant to this situation:

@StephGrey funny how things change.

I scrolled through my TL and saw Cody tweeted twice. One was a little bit ago and the second one was right after mine.

@CodySimpson nothing hurts more than having to walk away.

I scrolled to the one that was posted right after mine.

@CodySimpson so what do I do, cause I still love you.

Instead of scrolling through twitter I decided just to play the song that was going on in my head, ‘Don’t Forget’

@StephGrey don’t forget about me

*CODY’S P.O.V*

she shut the door and I just slid down it and fell to the ground, I pulled out my phone to tweet so I didn’t care, I knew my fans would take my mind off things.

@CodySimpson you’ve forgotten, about us.

 I heard the song start blasting through the speakers on the other side of the door. I pulled my knees to my chest and cried.

What the hell did I just do?

A/N yes that was the end, of course we have the epilouge left! Lol at my lame writing in this chapter, but I hoped you enjoyed this book :)