Chapter 10: Welcome Back

Clove

It's September first yet again and I'm sitting in the train to head to school. I'm sitting in a compartment with T.J, Blaise, Draco, Crabbe Goyle, and sadly pansy.  The only reason I'm sitting with pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. Is because T.J and I wanted to sit with Blaise and naturally the four are there too. I haven't seen Owen yet but I'm sure I'll see her soon.

"So how was your guys summer?" I ask

"Mine was amazing. I visited my cousins In France. I wish I went to the World Cup though. It sounded very exciting." T. J said.

"Cool" I say.

"My mother and I traveled a lot. We went to the Bahamas, Ireland, Italy, and Romania." Blaise said.

"My summer was rather boring. I had to travel to Romania to visit family. I also went to France to visit my mother's friend then I went to the World Cup." Draco says.

Of course he'd think would be boring. He can and do what ever he pleases unlike some of us who can't. He doesn't know what boring is. Boring is staying at your house the whole summer doing nothing. I think to myself.

"My summer was alright but it was TORTURE not seeing my drakey poo ALL summer." Pansy said clutching Draco's arm.

"Ugh." We all groan even Draco looks disgusted.

"Well it looks like we'll be here soon so I'm going to get changed." T.J says standing up.

"Me too." I say and follow her out.

"Pansy you should go with them." Draco suggests and T.J and I glare at him.

"Ok. But I'll miss you." She says and kisses his check sloppily.

After we change into our robes the boys go change. They come back and we talk a bit more until we arrive. We exit the train and get on a self pulling carriage. We walk into the great hall. It still amazes me every year I come but it'll never be the same as the first time.

Once we're all seated Mcgnagall comes out with the sorting hat and sets it on the stool. She then calls out names. I'm siting in between Draco and T.J. Blaise, Crabbe,  and Goyle are across from us and pansy is clinging on to Draco.

"Owen Jackson transfer from Salem Institute." She says and Owen walks up and sits on the stool while the hat  is placed on her head.

Owen hasn't changed since I've seen her last summer. Her black hair has been dyed purple blue  and green. She's a tomboy like me. She is wearing her leather jacket. She never goes anywhere without it. She may seem mean and standoffish. But she's not. She's real nice once you get to know her.

Slytherin! The hat shouts and people applaud and she walks over.

"Hey C!" Owen says walking Over and squeezes in between me and Draco.

"Hey O how have you been?" I ask.

"Great. But Justin and Ben are driving me crazy." She replies.

Ben is her 5 year old brother and Justin  is her 18 year old brother. Justin graduated last year so he's the same age as Percy.

Some one coughs. "Would you introduce us." T.J says.

"Oh yeah my bad. Guys this is Owen my cousin. Owen this is Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, Draco and T.J." I say pointing to everyone.

"What about me!" Pansy shrieks.

"Right that's pansy." I say

"Nice to me ya." She says.

The sorting finishes and we get 6 more kids including Owen. Then Dumbledore stands up to say his speech.

"Welcome everyone. As you know the forbidden forest is well forbidden..." Dumbledore says the same thing every year so I tune it out until "hogwarts will not only be your home this year but to more students. Hogwarts has been selected to host the Triwizard tournament. Eternal glory awaits anyone who wishes to enter. Names will be picked from the goblet of Fire. It isn't for the faint hearted. If you chose to enter and are chosen you must to the task alone. The tasks are very difficult and highly dangerous. For this reason the ministry has set an age limit only students who are 17 or older may enter. " he says.

This results into a lot of groans and protests.

"That's rubbish!" I hear the twins yell.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yells and everyone shuts up. He begins to say something when lighting strikes and almost hits a Hufflepuff. Everyone starts to panic. Then a man with a steel leg and a magical eye shoots a spell and fixes the ceiling.

"Blasted ceiling." He says to Dumbledore who greets him. I finally get a good look at him and realize it's Alastor  Moody. Ex auror. Most people call him mad eye moody because of his magical eye. Dad says half the cells in Azkaban are filled because of him. 

"Everyone. This is Alasotr Moody the new deference against the dark arts teacher." Dumbledore announces. "As I was saying. Our guest will arrive in a month (October 1). That is when the tournament will start and students over 17 will be able to put their name in. We will pick the champions one from each school on Halloween. Once you enter there's no turning back." Dumbledore says and the feast begins.

We all eat until we can't eat anymore. We head to our dorms.

"Your school so much better then Salem. Salem was run like a military boot camp." Owen says.

T.J, Owen and I are sharing a dorm this year. "So do you play Quidditch ?" T.J asks.

"Yeah. I'm a keeper." She says.

"Cool I'm a chaser." T.J says.

We talk some more and learn more about  each other.

"It's getting late and we have classes tomorrow I'm going to bed." Owen says.

"Me too." T.J and I agree.

We get changed brush our teeth and go to bed.