Chapter 44: The Ministry

September 2
Clove

The next morning we made plans to head to the ministry. It took two weeks for Hermoine with the help of myself to brew a batch of polyjuice potion for all of us to impersonate ministry workers so we can find the locket. We took hair from four people two males and two females. Harry is Albert Runcorn, Ron is Reginald Cattlemole, Hermoine is Mafalda Hopkirk, and I am Kiara Shaderock. We take the potion and flush ourselves down the toilet to get to the ministry. It's rather disgusting.

"Remember the plan." Harry says "Hermione Clove how long did you say this potion would last."

Hermoine and I look at each other scared. "We didn't " we says together.

Harry is about to ask another question when someone clears there throat.

"There you are Shaderock. Think you could avoid me well you were sadly mistaken. " Lucius Malfoy hiss and graphs my arm. I let out a Yelp and look at the trio before Lucius pulls me into the crowd.

"Now I have a lot of work for you today." He turns back towards me. "Did you hear what I said?"

I nod quickly. Lucius studies me for a second and continues to walk.

"I want you to go through theses files. My son should be be later to help. "

"Son sir?" I ask my voice cracks and heart quickens.

"Yes. My son Draco. He's 17 and should start working a respectable job. He has an internship. Here at the ministry. When he arrives I want you to inform me immediately. I'll be in the court rooms. "

"Yes sir." I say rather high and my heart is beating faster. I don't know from nerves of talking to Lucius a death water or that I might see Draco.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

I gulp "Fine sir. Just a cold."

He studies me for a moment and then leaves. I let out a sigh of relief. I open the file Lucius have me. There are papers full of witches and wizards with all there information on them. There's a note on the first paper.

Sort by blood status: mudblood, half-breeds, pure bloods, and blood Traitors.

I gulp again and lift to see Colin Creevey a Gryffindor in Ginny's year who was obsessed with Harry who always carries a camera around. His page is marked with a red stamp. I look to see his blood status and see it says muggleborn. Red stamp means niggle born I say and make a mental note of it.

After 15 minutes of sorting I have found that muggle borns have a red stamp, halfbloods have a purple stamp, blood traitors have a blue stamp and pure bloods have a green stamp. There's a knock at the door and Draco walks in.

"Where's my father?" He demands.

I'm a bit taken aback but then I realize he doesn't know it's me.

"Um he's in the court rooms." I say.

"Well call him!"

I nod and hurry over to the owl that's on the window. I quickly scribble that Draco is here and send it to Lucius. I walk back to the desk.

"What are you doing?" Draco asks looking over my shoulder.

"Sorting people by blood status." I say and put the next picture into the blood traitor pile. I don't know who it is I just see the blue stamp in the left bottom corner and put it in the pile.

"Wait." Draco says quickly and grabs the paper.

"What?"

"I know her. " he states. "Please tell me your just sorting these people to sort them. Please don't tell me the ministry is planning to hunt these people down and kill them. Please just tell me that your are just sorting to sort. " he practically pleads.

"I don't know. Why?"

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. He places the picture in front of me so I can see.

"This ." He says pointing to it. "Is my girlfriend Clove. And believe it or not I love her very much. " he says voice strained. "She's a slytherin and a pureblood so I thought she would be safe. But I was wrong. They marked her as blood traitor. She's helping potter. The fact that she's a pureblood will keep her safe. For a bit. "

"You really love her don't you?"

"More then life itself. Last time I saw her was at her brothers wedding, that was about four weeks ago. I miss her like crazy. Every Time I close my eyes I see her face. Everything remind me of her. Heck even you sound like her. I just wish I could see her. "

"Maybe she's closer then you think."

"Nah. She's too smart to walk into the heart of the madness. She got me this watch for my birthday. It has 9 sections. Each for a different place she might be. For the past four weeks it's said traveling but before I came it switched to the ministry. Which can't be she'd be captured instantly. I think it's broken. " he says and looks up at me. "I don't know why I'm telling you this."

I hear commotion outside the door and lots of yelling. I feel my self get taller. I look to my shoulders and see my hair turning red again. I look at Draco. He's in shock with his mouth hanging.

"Take a picture it'll last longer. " I smile weakly.

Draco runs over to me and gathers me into his arms. "What. But how. Why.huh. What?"

He gets cut off by someone yelling "It's potter!" He face falls.

"Your of of your mind!" He scolds. "What were you thinking?"

"Us. I was thinking about us. Harry found a way to defeat Vold-"

Draco puts a hand over my mouth. "Don't say his name it's tabooed. "

"Any way harry found a way to defeat him. I know it's risky but I'm doing it for us. " I say taking his hand. "So we can be together. "

"Still." He says looking into my eyes. "I can't lose you."

"You won't." I say and kiss his lips.

It's short and sweet but it's amazing.

"Those three got away but that still means that the other Weasley could still be here. Everybody spread out and Search." A voice demands from outside.

"Draco. There going to find me." I shriek.

"No they won't" Draco says taking my arm and apperating us.

We land in a very clean fancy bedroom. The walls are painted Silver and the carpet is an emerald green carpet. It's huge. The last time I saw a room this big was at.

I come to realization and turn to Draco with wide eyes. "No. You didn't. Please don't tell me-"

"Yes. We're at Malfoy manor. " he confirms.

"Draco! They could find me."

"They're not going to find you." He says taking me in his arms and kisses my forehead. "They're not going to get you. Not with me here. "

Ok so I changed some of the time. So it will for when  it happened in the book. Bill and Fleur wedding happened about a month ago so sometime in August. I also changed that hey stayed at Grimmuald for two weeks instead of like a day. Hope you like it. There are only 3 chapters left until the sequel!!