Chapter 33: Quidditch

Clove

It's November now and are first Quidditch game. We're playing Gryffindor. Harry is the new Gryffindor captain so he had everyone retry out. Ron made the team as keeper barley beating McLaggen who's a chaser. Ginny still retained her spot as chaser. Draco was chosen to be the captain for the Slytherin team. Are team stayed the same as last year. Owen and I are beaters. Theodore Nott is our keeper. Draco is our seeker and T. J., Blaise, and Christopher Montague are our chasers.

Speaking of Draco I haven't seen him lately. He skips classes and meals. He's distant and doesn't talk to me at more. Plus he always looks tired.

"You ready for the game?" Owen ask snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yep. Can't wait for the game. Have any of you seen Draco?" I ask.

"No I don't know is where he is." Blaise says giving T. J a look.

"Yeah. Knowing Draco he's probably down at the pitch getting ready." T. J said looking at Blaise.

They're hiding something but now is not the time. I have to focus on the game.

"Well we should be getting ready." Owen says and we leave the great hall.

Once we were ready we headed towards the pitch. Draco still wasn't there. Maybe he's using the loo or something? I think to myself.

"Hey captain." Christopher Montague says  waking over to me.

"What?" I say.

"You're the captain." He's says looking at me weird.

"No I'm not. Draco is." I insist.

"Well you Clearly don't talk to your boyfriend. He's not playing any more this year. He dropped out after our last practice. You're the captain. " Christopher said and walked away leaving me confused and shocked.

Draco's not playing. Draco's not the captain. I'm the captain. Crap. I don't think I can do this. Wait shit. I don't have a seeker. What the hell am I supposed to do.

"Hey C. You ok?" Owen asks.

"No. Draco's not playing. I don't have a seeker and I'm captain!" I say in distress.

"Hey. Don't worry. I'll play seeker for today." Owen says "and you" she says grabbing a big muscular kid.

"What's your name kid?" She asks.

"William McLaggen." He answers.

"You're Cormac's brother?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's my older more cocky arrogant brother. I'm a fourth year by the way." William says.

"Yeah whatever. Can you play beater?" Owen says.

"Yeah. " he nods.

"Good. Get changed your playing." Owen says and shoves a uniform into his hands. She then turns to me. "Problem solved."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Now let's go. You have a team to lead." Owen says and drags me to the team tent.