Chapter 37: The Ball

Clove

It was time for the ball and Narcissa just finished with my hair and nails. The dress she picked out for me was absolutely Gorgeous. It was an green ballgown with little crystals on it. Narcissa also bought me matching heels. I'm also wearing the moon necklace Draco got me for Christmas in 4th year along with earnings and a ring Narcissa gave me. I met Draco at the top of the stairs.

"You look stunning." He smiles as I take his arm.

"You look handsome." I smile and we walk down.

The room is buzzing with purebloods. Draco leads me over to two girls. One has long brown wavy hair and dark eyes. She's wearing an emerald green ballgown, black heels, an emerald necklace with what I think are diamonds, emerald bracelet and earrings. She also had an emerald ring.

The other girl has dark brown almost black hair with a blue streak and a nose piercing. She's wearing a dark blue ballgown, combat boots, navy pearl and white pearl necklace and bracelet. She also had diamond earrings and navy blue nails with gold accents.

"Clove this is Elaine McAllister." Draco said gesturing to the girl in the green dress. "And this is Lrya Petroue. " he said gesturing towards the girl in the blue dress.

"Elaine, Lrya this is my girlfriend clove." Draco introduced.

"Hello." I say politely.

"Nice to meet you." Lrya greeted.

"Pleasure. To meet you." Elaine said.

"They both go to hogwarts and are in Slytherin. Elaine is 16 and in our year and Lrya is 14 and in fifth year. " Draco said.

"I've seen you around you throw the best parties. " I say to Elaine.

"Thank you. It's greet to finally meet you." Elaine said.

"Yes. Draco talks about you all the time." Lrya added.

"Well I let you guys get aquatinted. I'll be right back." Draco said. leaving me with Lrya and Elaine.

"So how do you guys know Draco?" I asked.

"We've know him since we're were kids as well as Blaise and Tiffany. " Elaine said.

"You're good at Quidditch as well." Lrya said.

"Yeah." I said

It was awkward of a bit until I say . "I absolutely love your ring." To Elaine.

"Oh this. It isn't That great just an engagement ring. " she said.

"Engagement ring?" I say shocked.

"Yes." She snaps.

"It's normal for most pureblood families to have arranged marriages. " Lrya explains.

"Most girls are betrothed at birth. Then get engaged in 2nd or 3rd year. Get married in 5th in secret and once you're out of school get married for the public. " Elaine adds

"You're also expected to have a kid in the next year or so. To persevere the purity of your family. " Lrya adds.

"I'm supposed to get married this summer." Elaine says. "And trust me he ain't Exactly Prince Charming. "