Chapter 17: The Astronomy Tower

Draco

I can't believe Clove said yes. I was scared to ask her because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. I'm in the common room waiting for her to come down. I have flowers in my hand and I look at my watch. 6:58. Two minutes. Sure enough Clove walks down at exactly 7. She looks absolutely beautiful. She's wearing a shirt white dress, brown cowgirl boots, a jean jacket, bracelet and earrings. He hair is also in a braid.

"Sorry I would've been down sooner but you know how the girls insisted on wearing a dress and makeup ." She smiles as I walk towards her.

"Yeah. Here." I say and hand her the flowers. "Aw that's so sweet thank you." She says and kisses my check.

"I never thought I'd see the day when Malfoy wears jeans." She smirks at me.

It's true I'm in jeans, a green plaid shirt, brown converse, and a brown jacket. "I'm full of surprises." I reply.

"So what do you have planned?" She asks.

"You'll just have to wait and see." I say and lead her out of the common room.

We walk about and up a few stairs until we reach the astronomy tower.

"Alright we're here." I say and take off her blind fold.

"Wow. It's beautiful." She gasps looking up at the sky. Like the great hall the ceiling is enchanted to appear see through so you can see the stars.

"Come on let's eat." I say. I grab her hand and lead her to a blanket with a basket of food.

"What would you like to eat?" I ask.

"Hmm. What do you have?" She ask.

"Anything you want. The basket is charmed to have anything you want." I reply.

"Well in that case, I'll have a bowl of mac n cheese with a baguette and  a butter beer."

"Alright." I say and reach into the basket and pull out what clove asked.

"Thanks." She said and had a spoonful of Mac n cheese. "This is so good it reminds me of a time I was visiting Owen in the states and we went to this muggle restaurant called Panera. I ordered this Mac n cheese. It came with a baguette. It had big noodles and really cheesy. It tasted just like this"

"I'm glad you like it." I smile and pull out a cheeseburger with a side of fries out of the basket for myself.

"We friends but I don't know a lot about you So tell me something about yourself that I don't know." She says taking a sip of butter beer.

"Ok let's see. Oh I know. I had an imaginary friend until I was 6." I say.

"Really. I don't believe you" She laughs.

"Hey it's true! Don't judge" I say putting my hands up in a mock surrender. "His name was Chip. Every time I broke something I'd blame it on him. I also would talk to him all the time. I would play knights with him and save all my toys." I laughed at the memory.

"Why did you stop believing. I know people grow out of these things but age 5. That just seems so young." She says eating a spoonful of Mac n cheese.

"Well my dad wasn't a big fan of it. So once I was 6 he thought I was to old for all that imaginary stuff so he yelled at me and told me to stop. So I did. I didn't want to disappoint to him. " I shrug.

"Oh I'm sorry." She says and hugs me.

She catches me by surprise but I hug her back. "Ok it's your turn to tell me something that I don't know." I say.

"Um. Let's see. Oh I got one. When I was 8 Fred and George tricked me into cutting my hair. They said if I cut it. It would grow back because I'm a witch and that's how the twins claimed thats how they started showing signs of magic." She said.

"How short did you cut it?" I smile. Not a Malfoy smirk but a genuine smile.

"Let's just say Ron and I looked identical that whole summer." She laughs.

"That bad huh."

"Yeah!" She smiles.

For the next hour and half all we did was talk. I found out her favorite color is blue, her best friend is Owen, her favorite Quidditch team is the holly head harpies, she was born 5 minutes younger then Ron, her favorite series is Percy Jackson, her favorite book is a tie between the outsiders and the fault in our stars. She learned that my favorite color is dark green, my best friend is Blaise, my quidtich team is the chudely cannons, my favorite class is potions.

"You know I'm named after a star." I say to her. We're now on are backs looking up at the stars.

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's a family thing. On my moms side all of them are named after a star or constellation." I explain.

"That's really cool."

We lay there in silence for a while. "Remember that time in first year on the very first night you saw me crying." She said.

"You were upset because you thought your family would disown you for getting sorted into Slytherin. I told you it would be fine. Not to worry about what your family thinks. And if they didn't  accept you then that was to bad for them. I said you were a great person and if they don't accept you then they were not your family. Because Family doesn't matter about blood it matters on who accepts you for who you are." I finished.

"You remembered?" She said shocked.

"Of course."

We sat there for a while longer until clove got tired and we sneaked back to the common room.

"Night Draco I had a lot of fun we should do it again." Clove says, kisses my check, and walks upstairs to her dorm.

I watch her go upstairs until I can't see her anymore "night clovey." I whisper and head to bed.