Chapter 11

After seeing how upset Damian was, you really wanted to cheer him up. It was 4 pm you were lying next to him on your bed watching Netflix and eating popcorn. When the episode ended you looked up at him and said," We should go out somewhere."

"Where do you have in mind?"

"How about the fair at the amusement mile?" You suggested giving him the sweetest smile you could because you really wanted to do all those clichéd couples things, like getting him to win you a massive plushie and kissing at the top of the Ferris wheel; at least that's what you saw happen in all your favourite rom-com movies.

"Sure, I guess it should be enjoyable." Was his stoic reply.

"We can do something else if you prefer."

"No way! If it's something you want to do, we're leaving now before it shuts." He picked you up bridal style and carried you into the entrance hall.

You arrived at the fair half an hour later, it was a cold winter's afternoon and was already starting to get dark, the good thing was that it wasn't raining for once!

The first attraction you went to was the hoopla stall. You paid for you both to have a go and you tried first.

"Watch and learn," you smirked at Damian, he rolled his eyes at you.

You threw the three rings and missed by far on each throw.

"What was that you were saying about me learning from you?" He laughed. He was then handed three hoops and he threw them effortlessly and each one landed perfectly, right where they needed to be.

"You just got lucky."

"Sure," he said as he wrapped one arm around your waist. "What prize do you want?"

You looked up and saw there was a huge plushie of your favourite animal.

"That one," you said as you pointed up at it. The man running the stall got it down for you and handed it over.

"Thank you for having sick hoopla skills," you giggled and kissed Damian on the cheek.

He smiled, " You're very welcome Miss (L/N), where to next?"

You then went on your first ride and decided it should be the roller coaster. While you were screaming your head off like a little girl, Damian just sat there like he was riding in an ordinary car journey.

After about an hour the two of you had been on almost every amusement there was, the last one you hadn't been on yet was the Ferris wheel. As your cabin slowing climbed to the top, you were tightly squeezing Damian's hand, you looked down and became very anxious about falling.

Damian wrapped his arms around you, "Calm down, (Y/N), there's nothing to be afraid of."

"I'm not afraid, I'm just not comfortable with the way the hinges are creaking."

"It's called wind, that's what's making the cabin shake slightly, I promise you we're not going to fall."

You were reaching the highest point on the wheel when it stopped. It was so quiet up there and you completely forgot the fact you were hanging 300 feet in the air. You started to lean in for a kiss and slowly closed your eyes, you felt Damian's soft breathing against your skin but before you could fully immerse, you were stopped by the deafening sound of an explosion and then you cabin started rocking back and forth violently, this made you lose your balance and you flew back towers the other side of the cabin.

There was a loud ringing in your ears, the smoke made your eyes water, preventing you from seeing clearly. You felt the ride moving and smoke slowing creeping its way into your lungs, you could vaguely hear screams in the background but you couldn't move. Your eyes were beginning to sting and become heavy so you slowly closed them. All you could see was endless darkness.