Chapter 22

You woke up to find yourself lying in Damian's king sized bed, covered in bandages and connected to a drip, just looking at the needle which was stuck in your hand made you cringe.

You suddenly remembered what happened and you moved your fingers along the back of your neck to feel where there wound was but it was heavily shielded with bandages.

Your eyes adjusted to the bright room, it must have been about midday, you tried moving your neck and there was an excruciating pain as you did so which made you grunt rather loudly.

"(Y/N)?" You heard a familiar voice from a few metres to the side of you.

"Yeah," the word barely escaped your lips.

"You're awake!" The voice was now a person and it was Damian, he pulled you into a tight hug.

You groaned again as every muscle in your body ached.

"Shit, sorry!" He quickly backed away and you could clearly see his face. It was covered with various cuts and bruises some looked only a few days old. You carefully placed a hand on his cheek,

"Your face- what happened?" You looked directly into his jade eyes, which looked as if all the colour had been drained out of them and they were watery with the tears which were brewing. 

He grabbed your hand and kissed the palm, "It's nothing to worry about. All that matters is that you're not dead," he said sternly.

"Talk to me Damian, there's certainly something to worry about when you're covered in scars!"

It took a lot of convincing and arguing but Damian gave into you in the end, "I went back to Nanda Parbat to find Talia and the league."

You gasped at hearing this. "She wanted to kill you, she sent a crazy assassin to poison you, why would you even try to get anywhere near the league?!" You were more frightened than anything, he could barely get through a bunch of ninjas, and that was with the help of Nightwing!

"I wasn't going to let her get away with what she did to you! I had to make sure that the threat was eliminated, I can't have you getting caught in the crossfire again!" He almost shouted back, his voice was breaking and tears were streaming down his cheeks.

You pulled him into a hug, you didn't care that every muscle in your body was screaming at you to do otherwise,

"You risked your life just because someone hurt me- that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard, I thought Robins were supposed to be clever. Don't you dare ever do that again." You now had tears running down your face.

"I'm afraid that's never going to happen, no one hurts my beloved," he chuckled. Hearing those words made your heart melt, you hugged him even tighter.

"I love you," you whispered the three words into his ear.

He quickly pulled away and you felt his lips make a sudden contact with yours. You gently cupped the side of his face with your hand and brushed your thumb against his cheek. This lasted about a minute until you felt his tongue brush against your lower lip, looking for an entrance. You had never kissed with tongue before, most of the time Damian would dominate. You parted your lips, granting him an entrance and he didn't hesitate to accept. You felt his tongue explore your mouth, he tasted like peppermint which made you mentally giggle to yourself knowing he had been planning to do this. As you got more confident with the new style of kissing you decided it was your turn to explore, you had to wrestle with Damian's tongue for a bit but he gave in and you moved your tongue around the different parts of his mouth.

All the aches and pains in your body seemed to disappear and you felt as if the two of you were the only people in the world, you didn't want to ever leave this moment however you had to soon because you were running out of oxygen.

You slowly pulled away and Damian rested his forehead on yours. Your noses were still touching and you could feel his soft breathing against your lips which were only a few centimetres away from his. His cheeks were still warm and moist from the tears but his eyes were shining brighter than ever.

"I love you too," he whispered, stroking your hair, "I've been wanting to do that for four weeks."

"I've been out for four weeks?!" You pulled away in shock and took a sip of water from beside the bed, you thought you had only been out for a few days.

"No you've only been out one week," he smirked.

Before you could reply there was a knock on the bedroom door.

Damian's face dropped, "At least he had the decency to knock this time."

You giggled, remembering the last few times you had been interrupted by Dick or any other one of Damian's brothers for that matter. He opened the door to find Dick standing in the doorway, 

"Awww little-wing I'm so proud of you," he picked up Damian and hugged him tightly.

"Grayson unhand me right this instant!"

"You're never too grown up for hugs."

"Yes I am, stop this childish behaviour!"

"Let go of demon-spawn Dick," a voice said from behind the oldest brother. Dick did as told and plopped Damian back down on the ground.

From behind Dick, Tim and Jason entered the room.

"How long have you imbeciles been out there?" Damian scowled at the three of them.

"Long enough, you're quite the romantic," Tim said and ruffled his younger brother's hair. Damian made some sort of growling noise and put it back how it was in the first place.

You were recovering from the fits of laughter you just had after seeing Damian's face as his brothers tried to embarrass him when Dick came towards you.

"I'm glad you're alright (Y/N)," he placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Thanks, Dick. Damian said I've only been out a week so do my parents still think I'm in Hawaii?"

"Yeah, we haven't told them anything yet, we figured we'd give it a couple more days."

"Thank god, my dad would've flipped." You chuckled.

"I better go help Jason," he said as you looked over to the other side of the room. Jason was standing in between Damian and Tim, holding each of them back from killing each other and screaming various swear words at them. Dick stepped in and managed to calm the boys down so they no longer wanted to murder each other.

"I'll go tell Alfred to bring you some food, you must be starving," Dick said herding Tim and Jason out of the room and closing the door behind them.

"And condoms!"You heard Jason shout back at you from behind the door.

A few seconds later you heard him again, "What the fuck was that for Dick?!" He sounded as if he was in pain, you giggled at the thought that Dick probably punched him in the gut.

Damian stood with his back against the door and facepalmed so hard it made a slapping sound.