Chapter 44

The clock read 19:55, in 5 minutes Damian was due to pick you up for prom. You were wearing a (F/C) dress and you let your hair down, mainly because you were having a great difficulty when putting it up in a nice style. You carefully walked down the stairs and waited on the sofa by the front door so no one else could answer when the doorbell rang.

It wasn't long before your parents emerged from whichever room they were in and started harassing you,

"You look beautiful darling, my baby is all grown up!" Your mum said, giving you a massive hug.

"But seriously, (Y/N) we want you back by midnight and don't let that boy try anything with you." Your dad stated in a serious tone.

You rolled your eyes at him while pushing your mum off you, "That boy isn't going to try anything, he is the sweetest and most caring person I have ever met- sometimes." You said the last part quietly to yourself so your parents couldn't hear.

Before they could reply the doorbell rang and you answered the door to Damian, it was exactly 8 o'clock. You greeted him with a large smile and his eyes widened when he saw you and his cheeks immediately started turning red. He looked at his feet to cover his face. You giggled and kissed his cheek, doing so, you whispered into his ear, "You look gorgeous." He was wearing a black tux with a red tie and he had his raven-black hair gelled back.

He looked back up at you, the redness in his face fading away, "You look beautiful, (Y/N)," he said intertwining his fingers with yours. Thankfully your parents had disappeared again so you could leave in peace. Holding your hand, Damian led you to the limo.

You arrived at the school and as you walked arm in arm to the hall, you got a few side glances from other jealous girls, as Damian was by far the best-looking boy in the school and, of course, the son of the famous billionaire Bruce Wayne. He could tell you felt uneasy and pulled you in closer.

You soon found your friends and you started taking photos together and dancing. You were enjoying yourself until you heard a faint banging sound in the distance. No one else seemed to notice so you thought nothing of it and got back to what you were doing. However a few minutes later you heard the same sound again, it was louder, closer, followed by smashing.

You looked over in Damian's direction and you could tell he had heard it too, he was heading towards the source of the noise and exited the hall. You followed, through the door, the noise caused Damian to turn around.

"You heard the gunshots as well?" He questioned as you caught up with him.

"I heard loud banging, I didn't think they were gunshots though." You replied.

"They were gunshots. Fired by an M4 Carbine." He said simply, entering the boys' toilets.

"Seriously there is someone firing some type of machine gun and you need to take a piss?! You would think someone training by the League of Assassins and Batman would be able to control their bladder in a crisis!" You whisper-screamed at him from outside the door.

He opened the door and handed you a black plastic bag with something inside, "Get changed."

You gave him a confused look and opened the bag, inside was your Swift costume. "Of course you keep spares in the bathroom ceiling." There was a gap in the ceiling from where Damian had removed the panel.

"Yeah, I know my thinking ahead skills are amazing but you need to start getting changed immediately as you take forever."

You rolled your eyes at him, "That's only because this dress takes forever to get out of. I'll need help with the zip at the back." You noticed Damian hesitate slightly after hearing that.

"What? It's nothing you haven't seen before." You smirked over your shoulder.

He slowly undid your zip to where it ended a few centimetres above your bum. His hands then slowly moved underneath the material and he caressed your bare skin, your bodies were edging closer and closer.

"Did I mention how beautiful you are?" you felt his soft breath against your skin, he started slowly planting kisses along your neck and shoulder. You turned around so you were facing him and he started on your collarbone. He soon found your sweet spot and started sucking it which caused you to let out a moan.

Then you suddenly remembered the whole reason you were in this bathroom in the first place. You gently pushed Damian off you, leaving him with a disappointed face, "We need to stop before this gets too far. We can't do this here, not now, when a whole hall full of people could possibly be in danger."

"You're right," he sighed and picked up his Robin uniform from the floor. "Fucking hormones," you heard him whisper under his breath as he walked to a cubicle to get changed. You giggled at him and did the same.

"Come on, (Y/N), I helped you with that dress and you're still taking an eternity to get changed," Damian complained just as you had finished. You swung open the door, prepared to give him a mouthful about the hardships of getting changed in a confined area in the space of 3 minutes but you were interrupted.

More gunshots had been fired, and by now you could tell they were definitely gunshots. But this time they were followed by ear-piercing screams.