Chapter 42

You drifted out of your sleep as your eyes slowly fluttered open. You were lying with Damian, your head resting on his chest and his muscular arms were holding you close, gently rubbing circles on the small of your back. You could feel the steady rise and fall of his chest and you breathed in his well-known scent, which reminded you of the old times, the times before you even knew he was the boy wonder.

You slowly moved your head, so you couldn't wake him, to look up at him but his glimmering green eyes were already wide open. He looked deep in thought as he was staring at the ceiling. You leaned up and kissed his jaw, "You alright, babe?"

He looked down at your concerned face and gave you a smile, "Of course I'm alright, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah but I'm starving." You yawned.

"Me too," he agreed, "I'll bring us up some food. You just stay here."

"I can walk down the stairs and into the kitchen myself you know." You said getting out of bed, using the sheet to cover your bare body.

"I know you're completely capable of walking to the kitchen but my brothers will be there and I just want to save you the irritation."

"I think I can handle your brothers, I spent about a full hour with all of them last night and they really weren't as bad as you make them out to be." You replied slipping on one of Damian's oversized t-shirts.

"Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."

You playfully rolled your eyes at him and then practically dragged him down the stairs into the kitchen. The smell of eggs and bacon frying hit your nostrils and you instantly became even more hungry. Alfred was cooking breakfast and luckily he was the only other person in the room.

"Good morning Master Damian and Miss (Y/N), would you care for some breakfast?"

"I'd love some, I feel like I haven't eaten in days!" You replied sitting at the island next to Damian.

"Where are the others Pennyworth?" He asked as Alfred served the food.

"I'm afraid I don't know Master Damian." And just as he finished that sentence Tim walked in and Damian immediately scowled at him, and Tim glared back. 

Dick followed seconds after, "Brighten up Timmy, you can't expect to beat me at everything, I'm sorry I kicked your ass."

They were both wearing their gym clothes and were covered in sweat. Tim walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water while rolling his eyes at Dick and mumbling something to himself. Damian was smirking, probably at the thought of his brother getting a severe ass-kicking.

"Ugh, wipe that smug look off your face demon-spawn before I punch it off." He hissed at his younger brother.

"I'd like to see you try, considering Grayson managed to beat you." You kicked Damian's leg from under the table and gave him a glare, but he was smirking at Tim, whose face was now burning with anger.

"Sorry about Damian's rude attitude, I'm sure you were just having a bad day and he doesn't mean it." You smiled at Tim, and his face softened a tiny bit.

"As if." He scoffed. " I meant every word." You kicked him again, harder.

"Thanks (Y/N), at least someone in this house doesn't feel the need to insult me today." And he stormed out.

"What was that all about? You're my girlfriend you're supposed to be on my side!"

"I'm not gonna side of you when you're being a little bitch Dames," you said simply finishing off your food.

"If you love Drake so much why don't you just marry him?!"

"I don't want to marry Tim, you're the one I love. I'm just saying sometimes you can be rude to people for no good reason, that's all," you kissed him on the cheek.

"Awww you two are just so adorable!" Shit, you forgot Dick was still in the room. You and Damian both rolled your eyes in unison, just as Jason entered the room.

"Looks like it's Tim's time of the month again." He grabbed a piece of bacon from Damian's plate and quickly shoved it into his mouth before the younger brother could stop him. But Damian just punched his arm really hard.

"Ow! What the fuck was that for?! It was just a piece of bacon!"

"My bacon you greedy miscreant!" He scoffed.

"Fine, I'll just get my own."

"Actually you can finish mine now Todd. Your ugly face just put me off my food."

You nudged him and gave him another look. "What? I had a probable cause! I can't stand to be here any longer let's go."

After you had showered and got dressed, Damian had decided to take you out to the cinema to see a film you had been really wanting to see for a very long time, he just wanted to shut you up about it.

"I just want to have a normal day today. No assassins trying to murder us, no training. We're just going to be a normal couple today like we were all those months ago. Alright?" Damian said as you walked through the streets of Gotham hand in hand.

"Alright, but you know we're never gonna be a normal couple."

"Well, we can at least try."

You giggled and gave him a small peck on the lips.