Chapter 36

Damian's POV

"It's ok, Damian, everything's going to be fine. Let's start by tracking (Y/N)'s phone." Grayson suggested opening up the program on the Batcomputer. We waited silently in anticipation for the icon to show on the map and as it did, to my surprise it showed that her phone was still in the manor.

"The last time she was seen was in my room, let's split up and search for clues," I said quickly walking up the stairs. My cheeks were still hot and moist from the tears, I needed to get away from Grayson until my face went back to normal, I can't believe I just cried in front of him like that! I'm pathetic!

"Alright, Scooby-Doo I'll search for clues down here." He replied.

I went to my room and replayed the night I last saw (Y/N) in my head. The last time I remember seeing her was when she went to the bathroom right before I fell asleep. So that's where I started, but there was nothing. I searched all the cupboards and drawers, I didn't know what I expected to find, just something that could help.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw her phone. It was right in the far corner of the room and the screen was covered in cracks. I didn't remember her phone ever having a damaged screen so it must have happened when she disappeared. I took it and tried turning it on but it didn't work, I kept it in my pocket and continued searching my room.

After half an hour I had searched every nook and cranny of the room and I hadn't found anything else that would be of use, just a few of her clothes that had been left from previous occasions. They still held her familiar scent, which brought a tear to my eye.

I rushed back down to the Batcave and showed the phone to Grayson, "It doesn't turn on do you think you can recover any of the data?"

He took the device and connected it to the Batcomputer and started working on it, "I can try but this is more Tim's area of work, I'll call hi-"

"NO! I do not need any help from Drake, no one else will know of this business, especially not father. Understood?"

"No, not understood. Why don't you want help from anyone? Tim could get this done, and more, in seconds, it's going to take me much longer."

"The reason I don't want anyone to help is that this is my responsibility, I'm the one who encouraged (Y/N) to become Swift, I knew the risks and because of my stupidity, she's gone. The more people who find out about (Y/N) being Swift, the higher the chance father will find out and if he finds out, he will never forgive me for encouraging a teenage girl to risk her life every night."

"Damian, Bruce already knows."

"What?!" How could father have known and not say anything? The least he would have done would be to give me a lecture, on how dangerous this lifestyle is and how it's not for just anyone.

"What did you expect? He is the freaking Batman! He notices when grappling hooks and state-of-the-art earpieces go missing!"

"No, that's not what I'm surprised by. Why wouldn't he say anything?"

"That's because he trusts you, Damian! He believes you're old enough to make the right decisions. Well, and because I convinced him to keep his mouth shut."

"T-Thank you, Grayson," I muttered. "But we're still not telling anyone else."

"No problem Little Wing. Now, do you want the good news or the bad news?"

"I don't care, any news would be good."

"Right, the good news is I've completely recovered everything that was on (Y/N)'s phone. And the bad news is: that was a complete waste of time because there's nothing here.....Hang on a sec," he started typing much quicker and he now had a large smile on his face.

"What is it?" I asked in anticipation of what was being found.

"I've found something!"

"That didn't answer my question, what did you find?" I was growing very impatient now.

"Good morning my beloved, can't wait to see your beautiful face later xxx 

Morning gorgeous, can't wait to see you too xxx.

Haha we're like one of those cute couples on the internet.

Lol yeah I'm hungry and I can't be bothered to get out of bed 😩🍑

Say no more beloved, give me 10 minutes and you'll be eating waffles."

I could feel my cheeks heating up, did Grayson seriously have to read our texts out loud?! He also mocked my voice, which sounded nothing at all like me, who does he think I am?!

"Grayson you're so immature, (Y/N) could be in serious danger and you're wasting time by attempting to embarrass me! It's pathetic, you're the equivalent of working with a five-year-old!" I quickly disconnected the phone from the Batcomputer.

"But you two are so adorable Dami, I ship you together so much I'm your biggest fan! I'm sorry but I can't help myself, little Baby Bat is growing up so fast, where did all the years go?"

He pretended to wipe a tear from his eye and ruffled my hair, I hated it when anyone does that to me it's just an inconvenience to fix again. "Shut your mouth Grayson or I'll make sure you'll never be able to speak again!"

"Ok, ok I'll get back to finding your beloved."

I could still hear him giggling like a little girl under his breathe but I was tired of bickering with him, I needed to focus on the main problem.

Then it hit me. After a few minutes of intense thought without any interruptions, I knew how to find where she is. How could I have been so stupid? The earpiece I gave her has a tracking device in it, unless she's taken the earpiece out herself, it has to still be with her, it's so small no one would recognise it and it runs completely under the radar on our private frequency only, it's impossible for anyone else to know she has it.

"Grayson! I know how to find (Y/N)!" I hurried over to the Batcomputer and literally pushed Grayson out of the seat.

" 'Scuse you. How are you going to find her?"

"Even you said it yourself, the earpiece I gave her has a tracking device. If I just..." I was frantically typing away and clicking all the icons until the coordinates of the device came up, and soon enough it worked!

"There we go! Gotham Loading Docks, it's all so obvious now, there's plenty of empty warehouses in the area." I ran straight to change into my Robin uniform and within minutes the engine to my motorcycle was roaring.

"Damian wait!" Grayson called me, I looked back and he was in his Nightwing uniform, also on his bike.

"What do you want Grayson you're wasting my time."

"I'm coming with you."

"I don't need your help, I can handle this on my own."

"Like hell you're going out there alone Little Wing."

I ignored him and drove off into the streets of Gotham, unfortunately, the howling of Nightwing's engine was trailing me.

Well, at least my darling (Y/N) will be safe again.