Chapter 25

It was the day after you woke up from the nightmare the fear toxin gave you and you hadn't slept all night. A part of you was too afraid to, the nightmares could easily come back, reminding you of what it's like to lose everything you care about. However, the real reason you didn't get any shut-eye was that you were very busy googling places that would teach you self-defence and preferably just how to beat people up. You had a plan forming in your head of how you were going to show Damian that being with him wouldn't be dangerous for you at all.

You were exhausted and had already booked a training session that afternoon. The rest of the morning mainly consisted of watching Netflix and eating any food you could find from the cupboards hoping you would burn off the calories that afternoon.

After nearly watching a whole season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians it was time to leave for your first training session. You left the house with your (F/C) tracksuit on and you felt so prepared for whatever exercises you had ahead of you.

It had been an hour since you first arrived at the gym and you had just finished beating up a punching bag for a full 20 minutes and your legs could nearly hold up the weight of the rest of your body.

"You wouldn't even be able to hurt my grandma with that punch!" Your trainer, Ted Grant remarked from behind you.

"This is my first time though, cut me some slack I've been doing this for a straight hour," you moaned, all your muscles were aching and all you wanted to do was collapse to the floor.

"The streets of Gotham won't cut you some slack, if you were attacked you would be dead within seconds! There's no way you would be able to protect yourself!" He shouted back at you.

This just angered you, you repeatedly punched the bag as hard as you could, Ted was still shouting about how weak you were so you punched harder and harder. You imagined that it was a crazy ninja from the League of Assassins, the ones that made Damian push you away and force him to shut off his emotions again, the people that he thought you couldn't protect yourself from. All the anger built up inside you and you took it out on the punching bag in front of you. You didn't notice how hard you were punching until the bag flew off its chains.

"Shit, sorry I didn't mean to, I didn't even know I could do that," you were still catching your breath but to your surprise, Ted wasn't mad.

"See, all you need is a little motivation and you can really punch when you need to. That's what I like to see! That's enough offence, for now, let's move on to defence." You nodded in response and followed him into the boxing ring. 

After just over an hour you had been taught various different ways to block attacks and even how to break someone's jaw if a gun was held to your face, which could always come in handy. You had been training for 3 hours now and your session was over.

"You've done well for a beginner (Y/N), let's just hope you haven't forgotten everything I've taught you by Wednesday." It was a Sunday evening and you had sessions booked on every Wednesday and Friday after school and Sunday for the whole afternoon.

"Don't worry Wildcat, have a good one." You said as you left the training area to get changed.  Ted had told you how his boxer name used to be Wildcat 'back in the day' and you thought it suited him well so you stick to calling him that.

You arrived back home at 8 pm and your mum had already made dinner for you.

"Thanks, mum, you're the best," you say kissing her on the cheek and quickly eating the food, you were starving despite the fact you had already eaten loads of junk earlier that morning.

"I want you in bed by 10 tonight, you've got school tomorrow and there's no doubt you had plenty of late nights last week in Hawaii." Your family thought that you had only fallen down the stairs and when you arrived back home yesterday afternoon you had just got back from your vacation, not just woken up from a coma.

"Of course mum," you discreetly rolled your eyes at her, there was no way in hell you were going to be asleep at 10. You went to have a hot shower that lasted an hour and then went back to your room to watch something, you and a slight addiction to Netflix at the moment.

As you opened Netflix on your laptop the spotlight was on Prison Break, it instantly reminded you of when you would be snuggled up to Damian in his bed watching it back to back. You tried holding back the tears but it was no use, they quickly came pouring down your face and there was no way of stopping them any time soon. You silently cried into your pillow thinking about how hard this week was going to be at school, not being able to even talk to him.

'Damn, it's only been a day.'