Chapter 23

🚨WARNING🚨
This chapter contains lots of
blood / violence!

You had almost finished watching the second season of Prison Break with Damian and had also finished all the food that Alfred had brought you. The drip had been disconnected from you and you felt completely fine even though Damian would be constantly asking how you were doing. He was lying right beside you on the bed, drinking tea from a china cup with a fresh cut lemon. You realised that you had been staring and he was smirking so you quickly looked back over to the television screen.

"You alright?" He raised an eyebrow at you.

"For the thousandth time, I'm fine!" You giggled and squeezed his hand reassuringly, he still blamed himself for what happened even though it was a week ago and you were practically healed now.

Suddenly, a panel in the French window smashed and an object flew to the floor of the room. Before you could react, Damian pulled you off the bed and into the ensuite bathroom and slammed the door shut behind him.

"Get me the towels!" He demanded and you hurriedly searched the large room for what he wanted. When you found them, he snatched them out of your hands and stuffed as much of the material as he could into the gap under the door.

You could already see the green gas streaming its way through the gaps and into the bathroom. You backed away from the door and sat on the cold, tiled floor at the other end of the room.

Damian soon came over to you and embraced you like a human shield. You were both breathing in the last of the oxygen through your shirts, attempting to filter out the chemicals. It was no use, the gas had filled three-quarters of the room already and your lungs felt as if the scorching fire inside them was going to burn straight through your chest.

Damian was motionless except for his chest which was slowing moving up and down, seeing this reassured you knowing he was still alive. You didn't know what this gas was but it certainly wasn't any good and you knew it was nearing the end. You gave in to the gas and let it fill up your lungs, and darkness was all you could see.

You must have just been falling asleep because you opened your eyes to the sound of the window of the bathroom smashing. The cause of the smashed window was a woman who worked for the league of assassins, dressed in all black with a gas mask covering her nose and mouth and a sharp katana blade held in a fighting position.

Damian quickly lunged towards the ninja, knocking her over with a loud thump to the floor. That had clearly taken up all his energy, he was still heavily effected by the gas and couldn't move another muscle. The ninja held Damian up by his neck and pinned him to the wall, he was slowly suffocating you could hear him gasping desperately for oxygen.

Your head still felt fuzzy but you could clearly see and hear what was happening and started to think about all the things you could do to help, you had never seen Damian so weak before, he had always seemed invincible.

He screamed out in pain as the katana was slowly inserted into his stomach.

"You have betrayed the Al Ghul name." The blade was pushed in deeper.

You were still sat on the other side of the room and were frantically searching the cupboards for something to help Damian. You found a scalpel in the medical cabinet and before really thinking about it, you attacked the woman.

Damian had taught you basic self-defence for emergencies like these so tried your best to stop this stranger from further hurting him. The gas had completely cleared by now and all of a sudden you felt fine, much stronger than before.

Surprisingly, you managed to pin the lady to the ground and you sat on her with all your weight for her to stay there. Your instincts kicked in and you stopped thinking about what you were doing, you just did the actions. You repeatedly punched her in the face and took off her mask to see the blood being coughed out of her mouth and dribbling down from her nostrils. You knew what you were doing was wrong but you felt satisfied by seeing her suffering.

On the verge of death, the assassin reached for her knife and just as she was about to stab you, you slit open her throat and left her to bleed out on the bathroom floor. Your hands were covered in her blood, you clothes were stained red and you were sitting in a growing pool of thick, warm blood.

"What have I done?" You whispered to yourself in shock. You couldn't believe you had just killed a person, no matter how evil they were you knew killing was wrong. You broke down into tears, still kneeling in the surrounding pool of liquid.

Damian limped over to you, holding his wound where he had just pulled out the blade. He saw what you had done and his face turned from pain to anger.

"What have you done?! Get out! NOW!" He screamed at you his face red with exasperation.

"I-I'm s-sorry. I d-didn't mean to d-do it," you stuttered.

"Are you deaf?! I told you to leave, I HATE you!"

You got up and just as you were going to reach the door, the rest of his family were there; Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin and even Batgirl and Spoiler.

They were all shouting at you all at once, commenting on how much they hated you and how you belonged to be locked away in Arkham Asylum with the rest of the freaks.

You pushed past them and ran out the front door of the manor to find that outside was completely pitch black and you had a long walk home ahead of you.

An hour later you arrived at the front door of your house. Throughout the whole walk you didn't see one person, the streets were completely empty yet you could hear voices, they were quiet and unintelligible but you still knew they were there.

You opened the door, dreading to find out what your parents' reactions will be when they see you covered in blood.

However when you entered the house you could see that you weren't going to get a lecture from them, you weren't ever going to hear them say anything again.

You whole family and friends had been spread out across the living room. There was blood everywhere, even on the walls, the lifeless bodies of your family were all sitting in their usual spots on the sofas and your friend were all just lying there on the floor. The house had never been so eerily silent. You really were truly alone.

You were terrified, this was your worst nightmare.