Chapter 31

It was the night after you had reunited with Damian and you were on your way to meet him on a rooftop for your first session of training with him. The day seemed to drag and time seemed to move in slow motion as you eagerly waited for this time to come, you were really excited but also nervous in a way. As you waited you were practising some tricks with your nunchucks and flipping them around, then you heard a noise from behind you and you quickly turned around. As you did this you accidentally hit the source of the noise right in the face. You had just hit Damian straight in the face with your nunchucks.

"Nice to see you too," he laughed, rubbing his cheek where you had just left a red mark.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! It was just a reflex, I wasn't expecting you to come up from behind me."

"Well, at least we know you have quick reflexes which is always a good thing. But it still really hurts I think you're going to need to kiss it better." He smirked. You just rolled your eyes but gently kissed his cheek anyway.

"All better?"

Damian quickly grabbed your waist and pulled your body close to his. "Not yet, the pain's spread, it's really hurting here now," he pointed towards his pouted lips.

You laughed, "Grow up, I'll help you with that after training." And you pushed him away, readying your weapons.

"Playing hard to get are we?" He smirked doing the same.

"No, I'm just trying to keep this professional. I do actually want to learn to fight."

"Come at me," he said, readying himself in a fighting position. You quickly charged towards him and threw a punch towards his shoulder, you didn't want to punch him in the face. He effortlessly blocked it.

"Come on, I need you to actually try! I dare you, punch me as hard as you can in the face!"

"Are you sure? It's gonna really hurt!"

"Hurry up and just punch me already, if this was a real fight you'd be dead already."

You just rolled your eyes at him and threw the hardest punch you could at his face as he was so desperate to be punched in the face right now. As you did this he blocked it again. You groaned and tried again but he blocked again, this carried on for a while until you decided there was no way you would be able to actually punch him.

"How do you expect me to punch you when you keep blocking me?" You complained.

"No one is going to just stand and take a punch without blocking. I'm going to show you how to counter a block and still inflict pain to the enemy's face."Before you had a chance to reply he swung a punch towards you, which you thankfully blocked, he then quickly swung another punch and you blocked that with your other arm, and from that position he jolted his head towards you and headbutted you straight in the nose.

"Ow, what the fuck was that for?!" You shouted covering your nose with your hands from pain. In truth, it really didn't hurt that much because he purposely did it gently, he didn't want to actually hurt you. You just wanted him to feel guilty.

"Come on (Y/N) I know I didn't hit you that hard." He scoffed.

"But it really hurts, I think it's broken!"

The look on his face turned from annoyance to concern, "Oh god, I'm so sorry beloved, let me see." He took your hands from your face and inspected your nose, "It looks fine, are you sure it's broken?" He raised an eyebrow at you.

You nodded your head, you had to stop yourself from suddenly bursting out in laughter at how gullible he was.

"Ok, let's get you back to the cave." He leaned in and gently kissed you on the nose.

"You know, it also really hurts here," you pointed towards your lips.

He gave you a look, "I'm starting to think you're making this up now," he chuckled.

"And I thought Batman was the master detective," you laughed.

"Let's just get back training."

"Playing hard to get are we?" You mimicked what he had said earlier.

"No, I'm just trying to keep this professional. I do actually need to teach you how to fight."

You rolled your eyes and you then charged towards him and swung two punches which he blocked with each of his arms. Then, using what you had been taught, you headbutted him in the nose.

"Well done," he said rubbing his nose which a small amount of blood flowed out of. He wiped it away with his glove.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to use that much force!" You ran over to him.

"Trust me, I've dealt with much worse. It's good you've got that strength, use it to your advantage. Come on, let's go again."

You continued training for the next few hours until about midnight, Damian then stopped you,

"I think I've had enough of this for one night. How about we patrol for a bit."

"Yeah, sure," you replied between breaths.

"But I'm going to need you to keep up with me, so I brought you this." He pulled out a grapple gun.

"You sure?! These are worth loads of money!"

"By the time you've climbed all those rooftops, you'll be too tired to actually fight crime. Take it!"

You did as he said and took it, "Won't Batman notice it's missing though?"

"It's only a matter of days, I'll find a way to blame it on Drake or Todd though."

You laughed and for the rest of the night and the early hours of the next day you patrolled together, you found beating people up was much more fun when you do it with a friend.

The sun began to rise and by this time you were both exhausted. "I better start heading back now, my parents will notice I'm gone."

"Ok, at least let me escort you back."'

"I'll race you," and you quickly grappled to the next rooftop.

"Oh, it's on!" And he didn't hesitate to follow.

You made it back to your windowsill only a few seconds before him. "Haha, I win!" You climbed into your bedroom and Damian perched on the windowsill.

"Only because I let you."

"Just admit your defeat, Wayne."

"Sshhh! Don't reveal my secret identity!"

"Right, cus the whole world can hear our conversation right now."

He rolled his eyes, "For the record, I never believed that your nose was broken."

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night."

"I've really got to go now, same time tonight?"

"If you're up for it."

"Always," and he pulled you in for a quick kiss before grappling away.