Chapter 46

Two months had passed and they had been fairly uneventful. The only difference was that as you had grown closer to Damian's family you had moved your training to the Batcave instead of a cold, rainy rooftop and you have had a couple lessons from the Batman himself.

"Damian, (Y/N), I need you to stake-out the docks, Falcone is supposed to be illegally shipping weapons out tonight, we just don't know when," Bruce explained as you and Damian were preparing for patrol.

Damian furrowed his eyebrows and stomped off to his motorbike, obviously pissed off but he had learned that it was better not to answer back to Batman. You silently giggled at your boyfriend's childish behaviour and followed him to the bike and climbed on, tightly wrapping your arms around his torso.

You found a spot on a rooftop where you had a good view of the whole dock.

"I can't believe after all these years of trying to prove myself to him, father still doesn't trust me. What more does he want from me? We can do so much more good if we are out there on the streets, not sitting on our asses all night looking at fucking boats! I'm nearly eighteen for god's sake!" Damian complained as you were scanning the area.

"Come on Damian, it's just a stake-out it can't be that bad. We are gonna have way more fun here than we would out in the streets." You tried to convince him although you couldn't even convince yourself. You were going to be sitting on a cold rooftop for what could be all night with nothing to do but look down at the water. You just didn't want to spend all that time with Damian if he was going to stay in this bad mood.

"How are you planning on making hours of doing nothing fun," he huffed sitting next to you.

"Well, then we will have to do something."

"Like what?" He questioned looking over at you.

You hadn't planned this far ahead and you had to think for a few seconds, "How about we discuss your birthday?" It was the following week and you had been planning something with a little help from his brothers (mostly Dick), but you hadn't yet talked about the actual event with Damian.

"What about my birthday?"

"What type of cake would be your favourite?"

"Why does it matter?" He muttered, the irritation was evident in his voice.

You sighed, "I'm sorry for caring," you said under your breath.

Twenty minutes had passed and you had been sitting in silence watching the dock. You hadn't eaten in the last five hours which is the longest you had been without food for a long time and you started daydreaming about your favourite food. It was heavily pouring with icy cold rain and your suit was failing to keep you warm. Your trail of thoughts was suddenly broken by something being wrapped around you, instantly making you warmer. That something was Damian, his arm was around your shoulder holding his cape and he and pulled you in closer, his body engulfed you in more warmth.

"Red velvet," Damian spoke softly. You looked up at him, smiling. He was still looking out into the distance, his hair was a mess due to the rain and the strands were stuck to his face, dripping with water. Although he was wearing a mask, all the features of his face stood out brightly, there wasn't one imperfection. Even all the scars and bruises were more visible than ever in the moonlight, but you loved them, he wouldn't be Damian without them. Subconsciously, you bit your lip from just examining his face for so long.

"Red velvet would be my preferred flavour of cake." He continued and looked back down at you.

"What, red like Robin?" You asked tracing your fingers over his 'R' emblem on his chest.

He thought for a second before his reply, "No. Red because my favourite type of cake just so happens to be coloured red."

"Red velvet it is then," you giggled.

After about just over an hour of talking, Damian suddenly stood up and moved closer to the edge of the rooftop. You followed to see that two vans had arrived.

"It's Falcone. Those vans are filled with crates of weapons." He explained.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go kick some bad guy ass!" You replied grappling from the rooftop.

It wasn't long before the pair of you had completed the objective and the GCPD had been called.

"I don't know about you but I'm starving. Let's go to (favourite place to go that sells your favourite food)."

"It's like you read my mind." You replied and you grappled through the city.