Chapter 47

The day of Damian' s 18th birthday had arrived, you were leaving your house to go to the manor to prepare the surprise party when you received a text from Dick: Damian's refusing to leave and I've tried all my tricks. Pls, help. ASAP.

The initial plan was for Dick to keep Damian out of the house while you decorated, Tim would help Alfred with the food and Bruce funded everything and was going to help with setting things up as well, whereas Jason hadn't visited in the past 6 weeks. However, now as Dick failed to do his job you would have to do it for him as there was no way in hell Tim or Jason could stand more than 10 minutes alone with Damian without someone ending up dead. You replied to say you would be there in half an hour and you arrived at the grand manor 25 minutes later.

"(Y/N)!" You were greeted by Dick with his arms open, prepared to embrace you with a hug and he didn't give you a choice other than to accept. "Damian's down in the cave training and, believe me, I've tried everything I can to get him out but he won't even talk to me, the best I got was a few grunts."

"Alright, I'll try but if all else fails he'll probably be staying down there anywhere so we can set up from here without him knowing."

"Yeah, that would work," you nodded and then made your way down to the Batcave. On your way, you passed Tim in the kitchen preparing the ingredients for the birthday cake.

"So, you do love your brother if you're willing to make his birthday cake," you teased.

"As if. He's a snobbish little brat, I honestly don't get what you see in him (Y/N). I'm only doing this because you and Dick forced me to."

"Hey, we never forced you into doing anything. At the end of the day, this was your choice." You smiled, enjoying the fact that Tim was running out of excuses.

"Whatever," he muttered, "I need to get started anyway."

"Ok, I'll take a hint and stop pestering you, gotta find the birthday boy. Thanks, Tim." You said as you carried on with your journey back to the Batcave.

Not long after you found Damian in the training area using the VR technology to fight against an army of assassins with his katana. You sat on a nearby bench and waiting until he had finished as he was in a particularly dangerous state of mind in that moment and you didn't want to accidentally surprise him and have your head sliced off.

You were enjoying watching as he wasn't wearing a shirt and all of his upper body muscles were in full view. You were snapped out of your trance by Damian's voice.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" He was smirking, you were now aware that he had stopped fighting and you were still staring.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I should be asking you that question, you look exhausted and it's not even the afternoon yet. You do know it's your birthday? The one day of the year you can basically do whatever you want."

Damian walked to the Batcomputer and starting typing something. "As long as there's still crime in this city I need to train," he said simply.

"I'm pretty sure the world won't end if Damian Wayne stops training for a few more hours."

"You'd be surprised."

You walked up behind him and wrapped your arms around his bare torso and rested your chin on his shoulder as your fingers traced his abs. 

"Just let me treat you to some brunch at least." Damian turned to face you and you looked up into the deep emerald of his eyes and he gently rested his hands on your waist.

"Beloved, I can't. But I appreciate the gesture."

You moved your hands up to his neck and started stroking and playing with the ends of his hair. "But you can, it's really not that hard all you have to do is walk for 10 minutes then sit down and eat. You can't tell me you're not hungry, because I'm starving and I had some toast less than an hour ago."

Damian's serious face soon softened and he gave in to your charm. You were one of the only people that could beat his stubbornness and force him to admit defeat. "Fine. You win." He sighed with his head hanging low. "But I'm having waffles."

You had a huge smile on your face as you had successfully completed your first task, but now you had to tackle the second- to keep him out long enough for Bruce, Dick, Tim and Alfred to set up the party. Damian pulled on a red sweatshirt and you set off to find waffles.