Chapter 30

There were mixed emotions in his voice: anger, sadness, disappointment, but from the look on his face, you could tell that he was mostly worried. "What do you think you are doing?" He asked as calmly as he could.

You were still stunned and lost for words, it made you feel pathetic. "I'm just helping to clear the criminals off the streets of Gotham," you replied, trying to keep your cool.

"Well it's stupid, you're just going to get yourself killed. This stops now."

"No. I'm not going to get myself killed, didn't you see? I can easily take care of myself, I've been training. You don't need to protect me anymore. You're not going to be alone anymore, we can still be together, we can still make this work!"

You reached out for his hand but he pulled away, "No we can't (Y/N), all that I saw is that you can knock out two average sized men, almost half of the population of Gotham can do that. There's so much more to it than that, how are you expecting to fight off the big guys, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Bane and all the other freaks out there. The minute you make a name for yourself is the minute that you become a target. I can't let that happen. You need to stop this, I'm sorry (Y/N) but it's for the best." He wasn't mad at you anymore, he just looked concerned and downhearted.

"I can do what I want with my life and I want to help you. You're obviously going through a lot and you're going through it alone. As for the bigger criminals, you can teach me, train me to fight like you. I know the risks of living this lifestyle and I'm happy to take them if it means I can even just hear your voice more than once every few weeks." Your eyes were tearing up and the words coming out of your mouth were breaking up. Damian sighed and took off his mask so you were now staring into his watery green eyes. He placed his hands on your arm and squeezed them tightly,

"Fine. I'll train you. Only because I know how stubborn you are and you're not going to give up. But it's not going to be easy, feel free to drop out whenever you want to, I'm going to warn you now there will probably be times when you will seriously injure yourself and there will be lots of stitches and scars. Are you sure you want to do this?"

At this time you had the biggest smile planted across your face, this was exactly what you wanted, everything was finally going back (mostly) to how it was before.

"You're not getting rid of me that easy, I want to be with you every step of the way." And just after saying that, Damian pulled you into the tightest hug you had ever embraced, you had your head rested on his shoulder and he had his head bent down and nuzzled into the crook of your neck.

"I've missed you so much Damian," the only noise that escaped your mouth was a small whisper but he still heard it, you could feel his lips move into a smile.

"I've missed you more than you could ever imagine (Y/N)."

After a long while, you slowly pulled away to see that the two of you had tears streaming down your faces. Damian brushed his thumb against your cheeks, to wipe away the tears, his gloved hands felt rough against your skin but you didn't mind, you smiled kept your arms wrapped around the back of his neck.

"You're so beautiful, even when you're upset," he said slightly shaking his head and stroking your cheek.

You looked down, attempting to hide your blush, "I'm not upset Damian, you've just made me the happiest girl on this planet."

Damian moved his hand from your cheek to under your chin and tilted it up so you were looking back at him, "And you've made me the happiest guy in this universe."

Your faces were now only inches apart and he was constantly looking down from your eyes to your lips and back again. You were doing the same and subconsciously, those inches turned to centimetres and those centimetres quickly disappeared. His lips were still soft, his hair was still silky smooth as you ran your fingers through it, in fact, everything about him was just how you remembered your first ever kiss with him, you had the exact same feeling inside you. His tongue traced along your bottom lip looking for an entrance and you didn't hesitate to oblige. Your tongues wrestled for a while until he finally gave in to you and you explored his mouth with yours.

After a pretty long time of making out in the street, surrounded by unconscious bodies, you both reluctantly pulled away. The pair of you were breathing heavily at this point due to the lack of oxygen you had inhaled in the past few minutes, his breath was warm against your skin in the cold night air, you never wanted this moment to end.

"I love you," Damian whispered, your foreheads were resting on one another in perfect balance.

"I love you too."