Chapter 45

Without hesitation, you and Damian sprinted back towards the hall. Just as you were about to open the main doors, Damian pulled you away and motioned for you to follow him. You did so and you were lead to a nearby air vent and you followed him through it. You crawled for a while through the confined space until Damian came to an abrupt halt and you almost crashed into him.

"Ok, I've scanned the room, there are at least six armed hostiles, Joker's men." He whispered as you perched above the large room.

"Joker? What does he want with a bunch of teenagers? There's nothing here." You asked, confused.

"No. Joker's not here, there would be more fear, more bloodshed. These are just his goons. I've seen this before, they think taking people hostage will give them more respect from the Joker. Even more, if there are a few deaths."

"They've got to be madder than the Joker to believe that he has respect for anything or anyone."

"Exactly, which is why we need to take them down."

"Alright, just follow my lead." You replied as you swung down and kicked the first goon in the face. You heard Damian behind you, he obliviously did the same due to sound that came from another thug.

"Everyone get out now!" You shouted as the crowd ran through the doors, you had heard the sirens from the GCPD arrive a few seconds ago.

The sound of guns reloading made you turn your head and there were two more goons about to pull the trigger. You quickly dived to the side and just dodged the spray of bullets, and within seconds you had taken them out. Damian was just finishing up his last goon by breaking his arm and leaving him sobbing on the floor in pain.

You tied them up and soon the GCPD officers had come to collect them.

Commissioner Gordon came up to the two of you, "Nice work Robin and .. um-"

"Swift." You said confidently and you exited the building and grappled to the rooftop.

Damian closely followed, "Yeah, adequate work for a beginner (L/N)," he smirked.

"Wow. Even after I saved your ass I'm still a beginner." You laughed as you sat on the edge of the building, watching as the red and blue flashes of the police cars faded away into the distance. Damian came next to you and you both sat in silence in the crisp night air.

After a few minutes, Damian broke the silence, "We can't end the night like this," he said quietly.

"What do you mean?" You questioned, mentally laughing at your Justin Bieber reference, which, of course, Damian didn't catch on to.

"Just follow me," he smiled as he stood up and extended his hand out to you.

You took it and he led you back into the building. You went down the stairs and arrived back at the toilets.

"I know what almost happened not so long ago but I don't want to have sex in the school toilets." You said as you went back into the bathroom you were in before.

"We're not here for that." Damian replied as he climbed up to the open panel in the ceiling and took out two black bags. "We're here to get changed." He passed you the bag with your dress in.

You have him a suspicious look as you entered the cubicle and dressed with severe difficulty. "Ugh, Dames, I'm gonna need your help with this fucking zip again." You said angrily storming out.

"I'd be happy to," he smirked as he purposely took his time.

"Perv," you giggled and kissed him on the cheek. He took your arm in his and led you back to the hall. There were shards of glass scattered across the floor from lights that had been broken and the disco ball had smashed at the centre of the room.

"What are we doing?" You asked.

Damian turned to face you and placed his hands on your hips, "We didn't get the opportunity to dance and you can't go to prom without dancing- with me that is."

"Agreed, but I can't dance. At all." You smiled as you wrapped your arms around the back of his neck.

"It's not difficult, just follow my lead."

He started playing A Thousand Years by Christina Perri on his phone from his pocket and you carefully followed every step he was taking. You looked up from your feet at Damian and found that he was already staring down at you.

"What?" You questioned.

"What's that look on your face?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"What look? My facial expression is completely normal."

"What are you thinking then?"

"I'm thinking about lots of things like how grateful I am for everything you've done for me, how romantic you are, how great you look tonight, and all the time for that matter, and just how much I love you." While talking you had subconsciously been nearing your face with Damian's and now your lips were only inches apart. You were staring right into his dazzling jade eyes, the sight always made your heart melt, he was looking straight into your (E/C) ones. "But do you want to know what's been on my mind the most?" You whispered.

"Mmhmm," he hummed back, gradually edging closer.

"The fact that I never really took you as someone into Twilight," you started laughing.

"I'm not into it. Grayson made me watch all the movies with him a couple of years ago and that was many hours of my life that I am never going to get back." He explained.

"Or you could just admi-"

You were cut off by Damian's lips crashing into yours, "Shut up," he said in between breaths, and you couldn't help but smile as you kissed back.