Chapter 29

You arrived on the rooftop next to the GCPD department and perched yourself on a gargoyle so you could have a good view of the next rooftop, where the source of the bat-signal was. You waited in your position for about 10 more minutes before what you had been waiting for finally arrived. Batman and Robin appeared from whatever shadows the dynamic duo were lurking in and you just watched as they talked to the commissioner. It wasn't long until they disappeared but you saw where they grappled off to and you followed.

You knew you were acting like a creepy stalker but you couldn't help yourself. You missed Damian so much and hadn't even heard his voice in weeks. You were so desperate to hear him say something from where you were, his voice was very muffled, he was in the middle of fighting some henchmen though. You gently lowered yourself so that you were on a balcony only a few metres above where he now was, as you were doing this, a loud, growling voice shouted,

"ROBIN, STOP!"

It made you jump slightly and you quickly snapped your head around to see what was happening. Robin was straddling on top of a thug on the ground, repeatedly punching him straight in the face, there was blood pouring from his nose and mouth and it covered the concrete ground around them. Batman then lunged towards Robin and pulled him away, leaving the criminal doubled up, coughing out blood and crying out in pain.

"Send an ambulance to my coordinates," the caped crusader said through his intercom. He now had the boy pinned up against the wall,

"What were you thinking?! You could have killed him if I hadn't stopped you!" There was pure anger in his voice.

"But I didn't, that scumbag is still breathing." Robin hissed back to his father.

"That's not the point. You've not had any control over your emotions for the past few weeks, it's been affecting the way you fight for the worse." Batman relaxed a little and rested his hand on the boy's shoulder, "I suggest you get to the bottom of where all this anger is coming from and channel it wisely. I know this has something to do with (Y/N), all this started when the two of you stopped seeing each other-"

"THAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Robin pushed Batman and marched away from him.

"You were a completely different person when you were around her, the type of person I always hoped you'd be!"

"Well, I'm sorry for not being the son you wanted! You never understand anything!" His voice was breaking, it sounded as if he was on the verge of tears. And with that, the boy wonder grappled up the building and was gone.

You felt bad for listening in on their private conversation but at least now you knew that Batman didn't completely hate you and Damian really did need someone to lean on.

Batman was gone now and you could hear the sound of the ambulance sirens nearing the street so you climbed back up to the rooftop of the building in hope to somehow see Robin grappling between buildings but he was long gone now.

The original plan was to talk to Damian, show him how you could still be together and how you could look after yourself but you couldn't confront him during what just happened. You decided to just patrol around Gotham for a while to clear your mind. After a bit, you found some thugs breaking into a store, 'About damn time, I've been looking for a fight all night!' You excitedly thought to yourself, the streets of Gotham were abnormally quiet tonight. You counted 5 guys for you to kick the crap out of and you managed 2 in one minute, which you were pretty proud of. You turned around, ready to face the next 3 thugs however instead they were all out cold on the pavement. Instead, you found yourself face to face with Robin. You froze, you had been planning this moment all along but now it finally arrived you were lost for words.

You found yourself staring into his white lenses in his mask, he was staring straight back at you, however, your mask didn't cover any of your actual eyes, he could see exactly who you were. His mouth was slightly open from shock and his eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"(Y-Y/N)?"