Chapter 17

A/N: Play the song on the media. May the odds be ever in your favor, embrace yourselves and please do not kill me 😄

Jungkook's POV

"Look maknae, we all know that you're using her right?" I feel the urge to shout at my hyungs right now, they don't know my plan and didn't know that exactly fell on my own trap, falling in love with her wasn't in the list and her charming smile made me change. I just couldn't bear to hurt her again, not what after I did back when we were in high school.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm not." Half lying, I stared back into the wall where Namjoon hyung was leaning on, eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed. They didn't believe me that I was fucking falling for Bae Irene and might as well, cancel my plan and really love her already. But I couldn't, she'll be hurting more because of the fans and the media all over her.

"Okay maybe the plan was breaking her heart again so she'll experience what she did to me when she left. I know I bully her and it was because I like her that I only want her attention on myself. Maybe the plan was making sure she would leave Korea again and I'll never see her again but it was all in the past! I FUCKING LOVE HER AND YOU KNOW THAT! I never meant to hurt her that's why I discontinued my plan and love her with all my heart while I still can because I know that someday she'll find someone better than me, someone who can really take care of her heart and someone who'll love her more than I can. I just couldn't bear life without her and you always seem to disagree with my relationship with her. It WAS the plan and now, she's mine."

I couldn't bear to look at my hyung's faces, all of them were written with pain and comfort from Jin. My eyes widened as my breathing went shallow, I can see the pain on her eyes and all I could do is chase her as she ran away. I can't believe she heard them all and I couldn't find the words as I spot her under a tree, sobbing loudly with head covered in her arms. Approaching her, she looks up and stands—shaking her head as I tried to get closer to her as possible. She can't even look me in the eye.

"So it was all a game for you huh? I thought you changed but you didn't, you continued to play with my feelings up until now and I couldn't believe myself I fell for that trap of yours. I should've known better." I was so hurt at her words that my own tears fell from my eyes just watching her cry her eyes out. It was so hard looking at her and that's when I left her hanging, trying to ignore the unbearable pain on my chest as I take slow steps back into the dorm.

Without any emotion, I step back inside the dorm and ignored the members who were trying to speak to me. I feel so drained, empty even and I know that she was hurting again and that's because of my stupidity, I always do something to hurt her and I don't know why she likes me—I'm a monster, the one who always breaks her heart apart. V hyung approaches me with a pitiful smile, patting my shoulder and I feel so angry with myself because I didn't fought for our love even if she's my girlfriend, my girl. I was planning on asking her hand already although it might seem so early and now, I broke her heart again. God, kill me for my stupidity. I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up—and I screamed, I screamed with all the power that was left and broke things in my room as I release the smoke, the fire and the anger hidden beneath my skin.

"You can always explain to her, it's never too late Kookie." Suga hyung tried to touch me but I didn't let him, instead I grabbed my coat and ran—he was right and I still have time. I went straight to Irene's house, barely glancing back and opened the door hurriedly—where the heck is my girlfriend?

'This is your plan right? That I'll go back to the US and never come back, right? I hope you're happy Kookie, take care. —Irene'

I lost her.

I fucking lost my girl.

I couldn't hold back my tears as I read her note again and again, I can't bear the pain that's ripping through my chest as I hold the note close to me. Clearing my throat and wiping my tears away, I stand up and dusted my pants, walking out of the empty house and ran for my life. Please Irene, wait for me. Please don't leave yet. I arrived at the airport and looked everywhere until I heard the flight for California being called and I caught the eyes of my girl for the last time.

"IRENE!"

A/N: yay tragic moment. I'm sure you all hate me right now 😂 I still love you guys.

queen