Chapter 1

Irene

The loud noises, the bittersweet good byes, couples kissing and people roaming around—here I was, standing in the middle of the airport, waiting; just waiting. I couldn't tell if I was waiting for Minchan to stop crying or waiting for my flight to be called, it's irritating to watch so many people inside here, like it was some kind of place called hell. Awkwardly, I patted my half-sister's back and she only cried even more which made me sigh inwardly; I didn't want to return back to Korea but Dad made such decision as a punishment for being an inconsiderate daughter. Tsk, should've known the consequences.

After a couple of moments, my flight was being called and I was about to hug Minchan when someone bumped into me—what a perfect way to ruin someone's moment huh. I straightened up, cussing when the stranger didn't even apologized and just continued off with six other guys; tss, such a pity.

"Will you be okay? I know Taekwoon is in there but he's a busy man. Appa is crossing the limits, it's not right." She practically sobs in front of me and catches other people's attention.

"Unnie, I'll be fine. I'm a big girl now and Ae Yeon is going to move in to the house to keep me some company. I'll be back in no time, I promise." I smiled.

"Go before I break the plane and take you home,"

I nodded, laughing and giving her a big hug before saying a sad good bye. It was hard leaving California and it'll be harder living in South Korea where awful memories started.

By the time I got on the plane, people stared and hushed weirdly but I shrugged them off like a boss, finding my seat and sighed in content when I found the row empty. I was so engulfed in listening to the song Chained Up which was sang by my half-brother's group when someone tapped my shoulder and interrupted my moment again. I pulled my earphones off and gave the stranger a small smile before putting them back again—pfft, that was it?

"Excuse me, how did I get this lucky sitting next to such pretty girl?" I scoffed, looking back at him and sarcastically laughed while the plane takes off, surprising me.

"Mian, but pick up lines don't work on me." He looked familiar.

"Ah, really? Damn. I'm Jeon Jungkook by the way."

My blood froze and my eyes widened as his name falls from his lips like poison injected in my veins. But eh, he's still cocky and full of himself I guess, never changed a color—just all the same. The same guy who made fun of me back then and the same guy who made my life a living hell.

I didn't answer him, I just picked up my phone and increased the volume to keep him out. Half way through the plane ride, I eventually fell asleep due to exhaustion even though I was just sitting down but sitting down next to him is exhausting—he keeps bothering me and it's so annoying, I wanted to cry out.

"Excuse me, wake up! We're crashing!" It was a horrible moment of my life.

I screamed along the passengers who were panicking as the airplane shook but Jungkook took notice of my fear; he grabbed two lifejackets and blew on one, slipping in it on for me before blowing air on his. Jungkook kept assuring me that everything was going to be okay even though it wasn't and I couldn't concentrate on my surroundings, everything was a blur and everything happened so fast—the water engulfs the plane afterwards and I forgot how to swim due to my panic attack.

I couldn't make out who swam towards me because finally, I was out of breath and darkness took my body.

• — •

Edited: 06/12/16

A/N: Hey what's up guys? I've edited the whole Chapter One and revised some parts so it would cover those plot holes. I hope you like it and don't forget to follow me for more information, books and etc. Thank you so much and god speed.

queen 👑