Chapter 27

Irene

3 months later

I blink.

Staring at the ceiling with one hand on my chest, I feel very uneasy. I woke up with a bad gut feeling and it feels heavy on the chest. Sighing, I rolled to my side and checked the time.

2:56 P.M.

I overslept again.

I pushed myself up and rubbed my arms, then standing up. I took a quick shower and changed up with some comfortable clothes. Why do I feel this way? Why do I get the feeling that something's not right in here? I ignored the feeling and went straight to doing my skincare. Afterwards, I checked my phone but I see no text message from Dohyun which is weird because he always texts me 'good morning'.

Sigh.

This is all too weird.

Or am I just overthinking?

I shake away the thoughts in my head and went out of my room—my ears perking up at the intriguing conversation downstairs. I peeked and saw Dohyun and Ae Yeon talking rather loudly for my liking. They must've thought that I was still asleep. I was about to walk down when Ae Yeon yelled which made me stop on my tracks.

"HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH PAYMENT? IS LOVING MY COUSIN THAT HARD? SHE ALREADY HAS EVERYTHING! YOU ONLY NEEDED TO DO YOUR PART AND KEEP HER COMPANY SO THAT SHE CAN MOVE ON FROM THAT BASTARD."

My heart dropped.

"You hired Dohyun?" My voice cracked at the end as I showed myself, walking down the stairs like a broken doll.

"Love, it's not what you think." he pleads and I look at him with disbelief.

"Love? Not what I think? I loved you! I loved you, Dohyun! How dare you play me." I pointed at his chest with tears starting to fall from my eyes.

I thought he was the one.

"And you. How dare you hire someone just to 'love me' and 'care for me'? Are you fucking out of your fucking minds? You both fooled me for 9 months and here I am, giving out my love to a person who doesn't deserve even half of it!"

Dohyun tries to hug me but I slapped him in the face.

"Don't touch me, you liar."

"No, Irene please. I really do love you. I just needed the money because I—"

"I don't need your explanation." I sneered. My heart fucking hurts so bad right now. I walk up to Ae Yeon and smacked her with all my might.

"You might as well leave this damn house and never show up again. I wish to never see you again. The both of you."

Lifelessly, I pointed at the door and they walked out, closing the door behind them. I bursted into another round of tears and dropped to the floor—with another broken heart in my hands. I didn't expect that to happen. I thought that Dohyun was truly the one. He was too good to be true—and so maybe, it was all unreal.

I sniffled, wiping away my tears and used my remaining strength to stand up on my feet. I grabbed a hoodie from the couch and went out, keeping my head low so nobody would notice my blotchy, i-just-cried-a-lot face. Sighing, I let my feet take me wherever—not caring that I'd get lost nor kidnapped.

Kidding. I don't wanna get kidnapped. I don't have anyone now.

A familiar part of town welcomes me and the memories I left behind. It was the old park from highschool and I couldn't help but let out a painful smile. This was the place where I gave Jungkook my ultimatum in highschool, then we went back here years ago as a couple, then here I am again in this place—broken and dumped. Why is life so cruel?