Chapter 25

Irene

"I heard about it last night, I'm sorry."

The pounding in my head wouldn't go away and I feel like I'm having a hangover even If I didn't drink last night. Ignoring my cousin, I massaged my temples and opened the jar where I stacked some medicines—picking out a paracetamol tablet, I opened the packet and swallowed the tablet with one gulp of water. The bitterness that was left in my taste buds made me cringe and chugged down the rest of my water.

Ae Yeon started to talk again but I didn't mind her, the pounding was ringing my ears and I wanted to take a break from her mindless blabbering before I actually strangle her. I went to the couch, laying down and once the pounding has finally stopped, I sighed out in relief and mentally thanked Ae Yeon for closing her mouth the entire time.

I went back to my room and was about to collapse on my bed when my phone loudly rings on my desk, pushing myself to grab it, I answered the call without checking the caller i.d and smiled, hearing Dohyun's voice on the other line,

"Good morning, did you sleep well?" His deep voice comforts me the best.

"Not that well, I woke up with a terrible headache but I'm fine now."

"Tsk, tsk. Did you spent too much time outside talking with that bastard? He's really crossing the limits." I smiled. "By the way, I'm free today. Let's go out?"

"I don't think so," I stopped briefly as I feel a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. "I think it's the time of the month again." This is terrible.

I was really looking forward to another adventure with Dohyun and my menstruation ruined it, oh gods every damn time.

"Aigoo. Are you alright? You look like a snail curled up." Dohyun teases while holding boxes of pizza and a bag of doritos. I snarled at him and he only gave me a teasing laugh before hugging me so tight. Since my mood swings are on point, he totally knows how to handle me and I'm beyond thankful that God has given me someone who gives me all the tender, love and care. Ew, I sound like shit but it's true.

He placed the food on the coffee table and carried me bridal style towards my room with a cute smile on. Then slowly, he laid me down on bed and kissed me on the forehead tenderly—his actions may be small but it has a huge effect on me. I let out a smile as I feel my cheeks warming up.

"Saranghaeyo." The three words rolled out from my tongue then the smile on his face got bigger before squealing. He always does this.

"I know it's been nine months since but damn, you still have the greatest effect on me. Straight to the heart love. Nado saranghaeyo Irene-ah."

He points his chest and collapsed on the bed beside me. I let out a laugh and scooted closer to him before cuddling. He pulled me into his arms and burrito wrapped me. He smells so good. He's too sweet for my own good but I'm thankful still that I'm with him and he's always here by my side.

But I'm so torn.

A/N: SHORT UPDATE!!!! Guys, I'm so sorry about all of the inconvenience I've caused to all of you. I'M EDITING THIS BOOK! FROM CHAPTERS 1-11 (I guess). I know it's short but I hope I fulfilled my promise about updating. I'm still having a major writer's block and I'm suffering from chest pains and panic attacks in the span of two months. I'll update soon my babies. Feel free to message me or comment below if you want to ask questions or clarify something. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

-nicole