Chapter 1

*Monday Morning

My eyes fluttered open to my new unfamiliar surroundings. Rubbing my eyes, I lazily shut off my beeping alarm and let out a loud yawn. Time to get up. My feet hit the cold floor, as I lazily stumble out of bed. Taking in the appearance of my light blue bedroom, white furniture, and wide open blinds, (courtesy of my mother), I stumbled to my mirror for my daily judgment.

My hair was in a rat nest from how wild I slept (as usual) and my eyeliner was smudged from forgetting to take it off the night before. I shrugged it off and reached for my towel that was absentmindedly thrown on the chair. I hardly ever cared about how I looked; It's not like I go to fashion shows and spend a ridiculous amount of money on clothes that could be much of use to children in need, but that's a story for another time. I only have so much time to get ready before-

"Chloe?" My mother's accent rings from downstairs. "What?" I yell.  I inwardly groan at the thought of going to school today. I know I'd have much more fun raiding my fridge and watching tv, peacefully nested in my bed.  I look at my messy bed and think of the sleep I can catch up on. Should I just sleep for one more hour? I can blame the tardiness on being "lost" or just start tomorrow. Anxiety you know? That's a valid reason. 

"Are you up?" She yells.

"No, mom, I'm sleeping! Because I could really answer your question if I was asleep," I yell sarcastically. I start for my bathroom, making the decision to go to school,  as I hear her contagious laughter ringing from down stairs. I find myself smiling at the quirkiness of my mother. This is going to be one hell of a morning. 

After a quick shower, I wrap one towel around my hair and another around my body before quickly brushing my teeth and leaving the bathroom. As my feet padded across the hardwood floor, excess water streamed from my hair to the back of my neck and down my back. I sighed, Why can't my towel do its job and dry my damn hair already? I ignored my grumpy thought and paced to my phone to check the time:

7:00 am

I have less than 40 minutes to get ready and get my lazy ass to school. I slid on a matching set of a white lace bra and panties before skimming through my closet for something to wear. After a long battle with my subconscious, I end up with a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a white crop top, and a denim black jacket to go over it. I hurried to my bathroom and applied mascara, eyeliner, and some Chapstick along my lips. In a heartbeat, my hair was blow dried and coated with a beanie to finish it off.

Looking at my appearance I sigh contently. Decent outfit choice, Chl-

"Chlo, are you almost done?" My mother calls again, "I know you're checking yourself out and I'm totally okay with that, but you have to eat something." I could hear the smirk laced in her voice. How does she know these things?

I muttered curse words under my breath before I answer: "Yes, I'm almost done just give me  a second, please!"

I slipped my backpack on my shoulder, took my skateboard that somehow landed on my bed, along with my phone, and finally made my way out of my door. The walls from the hallway to downstairs were a light shade of maroon. The furniture hadn't been fully arranged yet, so the house was pretty much like a storage house filled with untouched boxes; I have a feeling that I'm gonna be the one unpacking them even though my mom is the energetic one.

When I finally reached the kitchen, my mother was sitting on the counter using her phone. She bit her lip in concentration as her fingers tapped rapidly along the keyboard, informing me that she was texting. Whatever happened to old people calling each other anymore?

"Morning, Mom" I leaned in and give her a quick kiss on the cheek. Breakfast was on the stove so happily I made myself a plate, which consisted of blueberry pancakes, bacon, and eggs.