Chapter 2

As I approached the school, my jaw dropped. The school was huge.
Of course, my mom had to enroll me in the most expensive school in town.

I walked around I noticed that's it's like my old high school. There are still so many cliques: There are jocks, cheerleaders, dancers, nerds, weirdos, and the out-of-the-way quiet ones. I watched each of them and assessed their vibes. Even though there were many groups, I sense the diversity in students that hung out with each other because they're friends. Always open and inviting to anyone. Sure there are some cliques that people are open to, however, there is one group that I knew no one would want to be open to:

The bad boys.

The one group I dreaded the most. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scared of them or anything. It's just that I hate the fact that they can get whatever they want- when they want it, and how they want it. Like girls for example:
They just use them and make them turn on everyone else that matters to them. They'd go for the good ones that get good grades, dress properly, and look innocent. Then, they'd turn them to mean, rude, and snobby little pricks that become drenched with tattoos and piercings that sell themselves at night, and its all to their amusement. No matter how much you argued, you would always lose and they would always win. That's just the way it would be. The only way to not become one of their little snobby pricks is to stand out. You can't be scared and you can't look innocent. They would sense your weakness, and from there, your life will go downhill. So as I say this for the second time, you have to stand out.

And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

***

I entered the not- so -crowded building and automatically hopped on my board. People gave me looks of shock, while others stepped aside towards the lockers, giving me space to move. A posey of 'Barbie dolls' sent me death glares once a group of jocks howled and whistles at me, acting like immature idiots. I stuck up the middle finger at the plastics and smirked as I got a gasp in return. They act like they haven't seen a new girl come to school on a skateboard before. I rolled my eyes.

I'm not playing hard to get, it's just that if I walked in the building being a shy coward that I am, I'm gonna look like an innocent target for girls to pick on, and boys to hit on, and not how I want to end my senior year. This is my only option and if I have to act like a little rebel, so be it.

I reached the secretary office which wasn't far from the front door and hopped off my board. I slowly opened the heavy wooden doors and walked up to the front desk. There sat a middle-aged woman reading what looked to be the school's newspaper. I scoffed. Who reads anymore?

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Excuse me," The woman looked up at me and smiled before pushing her round glasses to the bride of her nose.

"Hi, love," she greeted me. "How can I help you?"

"I'm new here and--," she cut me off by hold up her finger. I furrowed my eyebrows as she rose up from her seat and walked out of the room.
Okay then.....

"Ok, here is your time table that you will be using for the rest of the school year," she spoke as she walked back with sheets of paper, " If you need any classes changed, which I highly doubt you will, just stop by and I'll see what I can do." I grabbed the papers from her hand and skimmed them over.

To my surprise, my name and information were there and correct. She'd been expecting me after all. Simple and effective. "Thank you, Mrs...."

"Fisher" she finished. I nodded. She hadn't stopped smiling since she got back. Strange.

"Mrs. Fisher" I noted, "I'll see you around," I said and headed for the door.

Will do, sweetie... Oh and Ms. Jones?" She called. I turned around, "I like you already" she giggled. I guess she saw my entrance. I saluted her as my cheeks grew warm, and quickly walked out the door.