What Lies Ahead of the Door

*Your P.O.V*

You can't really hear much except for a deep mumbling from outside the door. Then you hear footsteps coming towards your direction. Oh sh*t! Flowey turns to you and whisper-yelled at you, "Hurry Y/N!" You made a mad dash to your bedroom, set Flowey on the table, jumped in bed, and pretended to fall asleep. Later, you hear your door open. It's Toriel. She walks up next to your bed and you can hear her mumbling. "I can't kill her. What is this strange feeling?" She tucks in your blanket and kisses your forehead lightly whispering "goodnight" to you. She then makes her way to the door and closes it behind her. You make sure she is at a good distance before grabbing your things and Flowey and open your door. Toriel is nowhere in sight. This is your chance. You crept down the basement again and made your way to the door.

Someone was there. It spoke," I know you're there my child." How did she know? She turns slowly towards you. "Go back upstairs my child. I have told you not to come down here." You can't back out now. " Toriel, I have to go. I can't stay here forever with you.I have to get home." She laughs," What are you possibly talking about my child? This IS your home! We can stay here together." You can't stay down here. You have to find your way out of these RUINS.

" I need to go."

She hesitated, but suddenly grins insanely. " If you want to get out of these RUINS, show me that you're strong enough to go."

You can't fight her.
1.)She's much taller than you are 2.)She can make fireballs shoot out of her hands.

Flowey looks scared and looks up to you. "Be careful Y/N. She's very dangerous and strong." You set Flowey on the side so that he wouldn't get hurt. You turned towards Toriel and get ready.
"Let's begin shall we?" Your soul appeared and was the color of red.

*You're filled with determination*

Toriel made the first attack and threw fireballs in your direction. You were able to dodge them. That was until you realize a part of your shirt was burnt right through! "I have to be careful." Flowey looked nervous and scared. You gave him a reassuring look to say you're ok. It was your turn next. You have four options to choose from:

🔪Fight|💰Item|❤Save|😇Mercy

😇Mercy
*spare

You didn't want to fight her. It wouldn't be right to kill her. You pressed Mercy and spared her.

".....?"

🔪Fight|💰Items|❤Act|😇 Mercy

😇Mercy
*spare

She threw some more fireballs🔥 at you. You were able to dodge all of them this time. You selected Mercy again and spared her.

"Why won't you kill me?"

She threw some fireballs 🔥at you, this time they weren't aiming for you. You spared her again.

" Why are you sparing me?"

You spared her once more.

" Haha.... what a strange child you are."

Your health was at 10/20. Not half bad. You burned yourself a little but it wasn't too bad. Toriel slowly brought her hands down.

The fireballs disappeared. 🔥

"Did it work?" you thought.

Your soul was no longer there anymore, so it must be over.

"Why won't you kill me? No one has ever tried to spare me before..."

You smiled up at her,"Why would I try to kill someone who took care of me? You're like a mother to me."

"My child....." and instead of that insane smile, it was a warm smile. A little bit of tears could be seen.

She walks up to you and asks,"Are you sure you want to go?" You nodded your head in response. She hugs you and your health was restored to 20/20. " You may leave the RUINS my child, but once you do, don't ever come back here again." You nodded your head in understanding. She pulled you in for one last hug.You hug her back. *It fills you with determination*

She lets you go and says," Remember my child, be cautious of other monsters. They will try to kill you for your soul." You smile at her,"I know, but I think everyone can be a good person if they tried."

She smiles,"If you want to get out of the RUINS, go through this door. It will lead you out of this place."

You pick up Flowey and your backpack. "I thought you were gonna die Y/N." You grin at Flowey,"Well I'm not dead just yet." You were going to say goodbye to Toriel, but she was nowhere to be seen. Shrugging it off, you make your way to the door. I wonder what's behind this door?