Chapter 3 - Cotchford Farm

"It's beautiful Brian... I can see why you love it so much!" I looked around the yard, just taking in what the house on Pooh Corner has to offer. It's so... remarkable. So much history in one home. It's beautiful.

I looked up at him, seeing him lost in thought, just staring out over the yard, a little smile forming on his lips. I can see the wonder in his eyes. He truly does love this house. It was like a hideaway from the world for him.

"Its really just that. Beautiful. Breath taking. I could get lost out here." He looked down at me, sending me a little smile, grabbing my hand once again, leading me on through the rest of the yard just as we stumbled across Frank and his henchmen. Oh great...

He looked up at us from his seat, a beer in his hand, while the others simply smoked and drank as well. Do they ever do any work around here?? At this rate, the work on the house will never be complete!

"You taking the bird around the yard Brian? It's a nice day for a stroll..." Frank sent one of the other dumbasses a little smirk, making him laugh, his beer flying out of his hand and into his lap, his pants drenched. I laughed so hard tears came out of my eyes, making Brian laugh as well.

"Oh wow fellas. See, it will eventually back fire on you! Now, how about you do what Brian pays you for..? Hmmm? Chop chop lads!" Frank looked at me, sending me a glare, making me glare back. Oh no. I can see this will be a long ride with this one. I don't like him anyway. But in person, it's even worse. I just want to wring his damn neck...

Brian slowly started dragging me away, looking down at me once we were a distance away, a surprised look on his face.

"You know, even Tom doesn't get onto them like that. He doesn't really care it seems..." I looked at him, shaking my head, beyond frustrated by the imbeciles. They just use Brian... And they simply didn't care. It's like he was just a huge bother to them. And he wasn't a bother at all!

"Well he should! You don't pay them to sit around on their bloody asses and drink. They should be doing their jobs." I swear, all they ever do is use him! They don't even care. And I already know they take stuff from him. They charge him for things that aren't even being used for the house. It's just for their pleasure.

And of course Tom doesn't care. He acts like Brian's a damn bother. Well you know what? We don't need them assholes around! Now if only it were that easy.. Everywhere you look Frank or Tom are breathing down Brian's neck. He can never get any peace. I looked out over the yard as we continued walking, my face heated at this point. I'm so bloody mad I can't see straight!

I felt Brian's hand tighten on mine, dragging me away from my thoughts, making me look at him, seeing him staring down at me, his hair shining in the sun. I still can't get over the fact that Brian is actually here with me. It's such an intense feeling. He truly is a big presence. And I'm honored to be in his company.

"I know... which is why I'm thinking of sacking Frank. I simply don't have the funds to even be able to pay him any longer." Oh no.... please don't tell me it's approaching already! I've just gotten here. There has to be something that can be done. But i looked at him, understanding. I can't give anything away. Because then I wouldn't even have a chance to help Brian.

"I completely understand that. I know they've got to be over charging you. But! Don't worry about that right now. Let's just.. get lost in Poohs world today, okay?" He looked down at me, that trademark grin of his showing on his face, making me grin, the biggest grin in the world.

"Sounds lovely Jules.. Let's do it!" I grinned, jumping up in the air with excitement, making him laugh.

"Ah! It's truly a beautiful day. We couldn't have planned this any better. Really, thank you Brian. For everything.. I know Tom just sprung me on you." He simply grinned, continuing his slow pace across the yard, his hand still around mine. It was rather nice.

"No no. It was a nice surprise really. I really like you Jules.. You are... different from most girls I've met." Well, I imagine. If only he knew I wasn't from here. Hell, I'm not even from this time! But I don't want to be branded the crazy woman. So I'm officially Jules North from Sussex.

"And I like you Brian. You are certainly different from any man I've met. And I love it." He gave me a wink, making me laugh, bumping his side with my shoulder, playfully. We reached a little dip in the yard, making me look out over where we reached, when my eyes widened with glee, slowly letting go of Brian's hand, running towards what was making my glee go through the roof.

Oh my goodness! It's the sundial. The Winnie the Pooh sundial! It's amazing...

I heard Brian come up behind me, chuckling slightly from the excitement on my face

I heard Brian come up behind me, chuckling slightly from the excitement on my face. I simply can't help it. I grew up loving Pooh Bear. My childhood room had Pooh Bear wallpaper. What memories...

"You must really love Winnie the Pooh. I'm beginning to think you love the house more than me." I laughed a little, jumping up on the sundial, standing tall, looking down at Brian, a huge smile on my lips.

" I laughed a little, jumping up on the sundial, standing tall, looking down at Brian, a huge smile on my lips

"Oh come on Brian! That could never happen. Sure, I love Pooh Bear. But you I love more..." I looked at him, my eyes wide from what I said. Oh for fuck sakes Jules! Do you not know when to shush it?? But he simply looked up at me, before a smile came to his lips, a toothy smile. Man I really need to watch what I say.

"Good to know Jules..." I grinned, extending my hand towards him just feeling light as air. I was so scared he'd run for the hills on that comment.

"Well then. You're the king of the castle. You shall be up here on your throne Mr. Jones." He sent me that little look of his, making me laugh, when he put his hand in mine, standing up on the dial with me, overlooking the yard.

I looked up at him, seeing the content look on his face, feeling good. I was about to jump down, when he grabbed my hand, keeping me from jumping, a little smile forming on his lips.

"Stay. The king needs a queen. Doesn't he...?" I looked at him, softly smiling.

"Yes. That he does." He grinned as the sun reflected down on us like a spotlight, making Brian smile the biggest smile in the world. I couldn't help but stare at him. He's such a beautiful being. Truly remarkable.