Chapter 17 - Time Keeps Moving

Yet another sleepless night for me, simply staring out the huge window of my bedroom as the light from the moon tries it's best to soothe me, only working slightly. And the melody of Brian's music floating from the grounds as he walks around in his usual, beautiful flowing white robe, his hair like a golden halo within the moonlight.

And another day passes us by just as fast as it started, seeming to be like a torture cycle for me. Why does time never stay on my side? Why must it speed up so much and make me lose track of time? I feel like I'm in a whirlwind and can't escape.

My days have been spent watching Brian, staying away from the backyard. And examining every one of Frank's moves. Today is July 1st. And that thought alone makes my stomach hurt. Yet another day closer to the day I'm dreading more than anything in this entire universe.

And as Brian's music fills my ears with a soft, beautiful melody, my heart continues to race. Pure fear is taking over me like a black shadow that cloaks the sun every night. That shadow is trying to cloak Brian.

I slowly rose from my bed as my feet softly hit the cold floor, gently lacing a little robe around me as I walked to the window, peeking my head out, feeling the soft night air caress my skin, just as Brian's music suddenly stopped. And my stomach sank. That was the only sound keeping me from going insane.

I looked around the grounds as Brian's shadow cast over the little patches of grass near the back doors, looking like a true angel as he finally entered, the peacefulness of Cotchford once more taking over. And I sighed, the saddest sigh I think I've ever heard come from me, hearing Brian's soft foot steps descending the stairs, leading down the hall, when they suddenly stopped.

I looked towards my door, hearing them stop just right outside it, knowing he was standing right there, just wanting to run and fling the door open, drag him in and lock us away from the whole world of people here, not wanting to release him until I know he's safe and sound.

But then, he walked away, his shadow leaving the little patch of ground from under the door, until I heard his door softly open and close, an echo ringing out through the hall. My feet once more carried me to the bed as I gently sat down at the edge, looking out the window, so badly wanting to hear Brian's melody ring out again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes gently fluttered open as sunlight poured into my vision, gently rising from my slumber as I stood from the bed, my wobbly legs making it hard to move at all. Wake up Jules!

I rubbed my eyes slightly as I finally fished around for a random article of clothing littering the vanity against the wall, pulling out one of Brian's shirts sitting atop the pile, making me smile to myself. I always do love wearing his clothes. Considering he's amazing with fashion, no wonder.

I threw on the shirt and picked out some shorts to wear, seeing as it'll be a hot day today, ruffling my hair slightly as thankfully, it didn't look like a bird had decided to nest in it, making my day a lot easier already.

And I finally willed myself out of the room, peeking around the hall as silence was my greeter, no sound of any kind coming from anywhere. Surely everyone didn't pack up and leave me. I yawned slightly as I made my way down the stairs, the sitting room deserted, making my eyes narrow. Am i dreaming...?

And as i finally made my way into the kitchen, when I heard some noise actually coming from within it, turning the corner to see Brian's golden hair appear in my vision, startling me slightly as he laughed, his cute little laugh.