Chapter 6 - Moving In A Daze

For the past two days I've been keeping myself busy around the house and out in the yard, just doing random little things to keep my mind off of the conversation Tom so kindly decided to have with me

For the past two days I've been keeping myself busy around the house and out in the yard, just doing random little things to keep my mind off of the conversation Tom so kindly decided to have with me. Just stick to your job Jules and everything will be fine he says. I see the glances you and Brian give each other he says. Well mind your own bloody business is what I say to you Tom Keylock. And you as well Frank!

And today hasn't exactly been amazing. Since Tom decided to grace everyone with his presences, Frank just thinks he's solid doing anything he wants. Like today, he left trails of tools and beer cans along the yard, just to piss me off. Even Mrs. Hallett got really mad this morning when she came into work and found a litter of beer cans stacked by the back door.

I sighed as I leaned up against the Pooh Bear sun dial, looking up at the beautiful sky as I hid away from everyone. This place truly is magical. I can see why Brian took a liking to it from the start. He loves that it's in the country. He even has a scooter to move around on so he can fit in more. He took me into town earlier for lunch because he could see how agitated I was with everything. I was on the verge of tears earlier.

So he simply grabbed my hand and whisked me away into town where everyone seemed to be, granted this is a small town, everyone was abuzz when they saw Brian roaming about. But he didn't care. He wanted to fit in. He didn't want his star status to bother anyone. He simply wanted to be treated as a human. And it was a beautiful sight. He even talked to so many people like he was just normal.

He could care less about the stardom. Moving to Cotchford really has done wonders for him. It's made him a lot calmer. Well, when he can be. Sometimes, he slips. And it kills me to see it. Like the other night, he kept drinking during dinner as us girls and of course Frank and his dumb self had dinner, eventually making his way outside later and just mumbling about random things.

So finally, once I saw no one was going to help him, I went out after him and finally lead him back inside and upstairs to his bedroom to rest. He looked so tired. The day had been a long one for him. He had found out that the other Stones were currently in the studio doing work on their next album. And not even inviting Brian to the sessions. Which in a way, broke his heart. Even if he did put up a relieved facade.

I softly traced the little outline of Piglet on the sundial base as I grinned a little, happy little memories returning to my mind. Pooh Bear has always been one of my favorite children's stories.

"There you are! I was beginning to think you had left me..." I looked up once I saw a shadow looming over me with a little smile on my lips as I saw Brian smiling down at me, just as Luther came bounding out of nowhere and Into my lap, making me laugh as he licked my face.

"Now how could I leave you Brian?? Honestly, what do you take me for?" He chuckled slightly as he slowly sat down next to me, the soft grass beneath us feeling like it was covered in thick blankets.

I patted Luther's head as I gazed over at Brian, seeing his gaze on me as I smiled a little, our shoulders touching. He nudged me slightly while he looked up at the house, my gaze following his, just as we saw movement from one of the bedrooms. It's clearly Olivia and Frank. Which is no surprise.

I sighed a little as Brian's eyes trailed back to me, seeing my face drop as he slowly grabbed my hand, causing Luther to move off my lap as he finally decided to run in another direction of the yard, making me giggle.

"I can tell you don't like Olivia being around him. It's rather sick if you ask me. He's married and still messing around with all these other girls. At least I'm a single boy. I'm not married. I'm just having fun..." I looked at him with a little smile as I softly laid my head against his shoulder, seeming to surprise him from my sudden movement, when his head softly laid against mine, making me smile.

"Which there's no harm in that... You're young. And you have all these beautiful women after you. It's rather hard to turn it all down." He chuckled as his hand tightened around mine as we both just looked over the yard, the peacefulness of it making me feel light as air.

"Of course one day i'd love to settle down with just one woman. The woman as I like to think. But with past experience, I had one. And.... it didn't end all that well." I sighed a little just thinking of the woman that caused him so much heartache. Anita.

I for one have never liked her. For the simple fact of what she did to Brian. And I don't care what happened in their relationship. That was strictly between them. It's still wrong what her and Keith both did. I believe he did truly love her. And apart of him may still. But he deserves much better.

"I know Brian. But trust me. That one woman will come along. And she'll see how great of a man you are and love you for the big heart you sport...." He slowly pulled away from me upon hearing my words, humor shining in his eyes as I rolled mine, lifting off his shoulder to rest once more against the sundial.

"Are we still talking about me Jules? Or did you mean someone else...?" I softly shoved him as he laughed a little, making me smile as his arm wrapped around my shoulders, kissing the top of my head which only made me blush like crazy.

"Yes Jones. I was talking about you... I find you quite charming actually. You've got an angel in you. Mixed with a devil. A toxic mix. But still.... charming." He looked at me wide eyed as our faces were super close together from him pulling me into his embrace, when a big smile came to rest on his lips, chuckling slightly.

"You know.... I actually really like that description of me love. It really fits..." I grinned as I softly kissed his cheek, taking him by surprise for the second time since sitting here, making me laugh as I saw the little smirk form on his lips. Before suddenly, he shoved me to the ground and trapped my hands within his, making me gasp as his lips suddenly attached to mine and it seemed like this place just got even more magical.....