Chapter 13 - Innocent

Okay, the sun is far too bright for my liking

Okay, the sun is far too bright for my liking.... I was awoken by the rays of light shining down on the bed as I just stretched out like a cat, willing myself to get out of the bed, not really wanting to.

But another Cotchford day awaits me. Now that got me moving. But I stopped in my tracks once I rose from the bed, seeing a sleeping Brian with his face covered by his hand, the light reflecting on his golden hair as I softly smiled, pulling the covers over him more slightly, the light finally being blocked from him.

His arm twitched a little as he snuggled into the pillow, a little sleepy moan escaping him as I just chuckled, throwing on his American flag shirt, considering it was the nearest thing to me. And I love it. And Brian may or may not be wanting to wear this today. So what a surprise it'll be for him to wake up, only to find it gone, knowing exactly where it's at. He's going to get me. But oh well. I'm looking forward to it.

"Jules...? Are you fully dressed honey?" My eyes traveled to the now open door as I saw Mary standing there with her normal, warm smile on her lips, her eyes traveling to Brian as she grinned, a genuine grin.

"Awww. He looks so peaceful. You're a gem Jules. A true gem..." My face heated up as I just brushed it off, making her laugh as she motioned for me to follow her out of the room.

But I stopped at the doorway as I looked at Brian once more, seeing he had moved his hand away from his face, the peaceful look he gave making me feel good.

And I softly closed the door behind me, seeing Mary looking at me with that little smile of hers as she grabbed my hand and brought me down the stairs, practically dragging me at this point as I laughed, confused.

"Come on dear. I have something I want to show you." I grinned a little as she finally stopped in the living room area, when she picked up a lone picture just laying on one of the side tables, appearing to be of a very cute baby actually.

"Awww! Now who is this...? This baby is absolutely darling Mary..." She looked at me with what appeared to be a twinkle in her eye at my words as I looked down at the photo once more, examining it.

"Turn it over. It'll tell you." And the whole time she watched me do it, she had a smile on her lips that just made me smile even more than i already was as I flipped it over, my mouth dropping open as my eyes watered a tad.

"Brian...?" I turned it over once more to see baby Brian, peacefully sleeping in the photo like he's doing right now, a warm feeling shooting through me as I looked up at Mary, seeing an unknown look in her eyes.

"You really do care about him. You really do... And honey I've got to say, as young as you two are, sometimes it's easy to get lost in a dangerous world and do things to hurt one another. Especially Brian's world. He's used to girls just using him it seems. But you.... you've surprised him Jules." I looked at her as my eyes just watered even more, looking down at the photo that's really broken my heart, seeing an innocent, little baby boy, not even knowing what's to come for him. I simply smiled at Mary as I clutched the photo in my hand, looking up the stairs as she chuckled.