Chapter 31 - With A Twist

"Liv? I just simply don't understand how any of this is possible. I can't wrap my brain around what's even going on around me. I'm just worried. Brian has been acting different today. Frank is on the war path. And Tom won't let up on me..." I sighed after my little rant for the day, my mind just gone from sight and god knows where at this point.

Today has been the worst day so far at Cotchford. Something different is happening and I don't know what to do. It's like I'm not even here anymore. Like I'm just observing the inevitable future of this whole story. Brian has been so cold today. Distant and not so charming, locked away in his room from the world. And I feel like himself.

I mean he hasn't done anything mean to me or such. But he just shoves away from me when I merely try to talk to him. And poor Mary is losing her mind trying to figure out what to do to help him. He's been drinking. More than usual, I can tell. He was deadly sick this morning when he awoke from his slumber. Pale as a ghost and could barely talk. He's much better now. Except his mood. But I'm worried so bad for him.

And he can see that. He's honestly not used to someone caring so much about him. He's used to people pushing him away, simply because he's human and has problems, like we all do. He's hidden in his room at the moment in fact. I've been hearing his several instruments from down below on the landing. So at least I know he's okay.

Now Frank and his buffoon self. I really have been avoiding him since the incident with the pool and him basically trying to kill me to make me go away. I just know that's what he wants. He's been acting evil all day and night long, going around the place just stomping around and not talking to a soul. Except Tom of course.

Olivia has been running about with him, trying to see what the issue is. But he won't let up. He simply just yells at her. And when I caught him doing it, i threw a glass mug at his head and told him to sod off or I'm calling the bobbies.

But he didn't care. He just laughed at my attempt of trying to be scary and walked off with his cocky walk he has. The bastard. And Tom. Ole Tom. He decided to pay the house a visit and speak to me about some things he's been talking to Frank about. Apparently I'm not needed here anymore. He told me that starting this morning, I was no longer apart of "The Stones Payroll" or whatever he said.

To which I replied, I never was and never wanted to be. I'm here solely for Brian. Not money. I could care less about that. I could easily get a job at a local market stand just in town, selling beautiful flowers to all the lovely couples of any age. It's enjoyable. And I told him just that. He seemed surprised at my sudden comeback. But impressed. He never once said I had to leave. Not like i would anyway. But he might as well implied that I should be gone.

He even said that Frank wants me gone basically. So it's war from here on out with him. Which is fine because I don't like the bugger anyhow. And ever since then, Brian has been so cold towards me it seems. He just won't talk to me or barely even look at me. And I don't understand why.

I never said anything bad. I never said I'd leave. I don't know. I even knocked on his door earlier and he went silent. But he wouldn't come to the door. So I simply left after what felt like hours of standing there with tears slowly coming out of my eyes. And here we sit now, Olivia and I just staring at each other with defeat forming.

"I know Jules. I know. Something is going to happen. And we know this. I know it's terrible. But time is not on our side. And we knew this from the start. We can't stop what's already happened from happening again, if that makes any sense." I folded my arms with my eyes starting to water yet again, feeling defeated all over again at the thought that in a mere day, Brian could be gone.

And it's like everything is working against me at trying to save his life. I don't want to let him die. He shouldn't have died in the first place. And if there's even a slight chance that I could save him, I'm going to do it.